It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
(female)

missyc75 HB User
5 days out, PTT reconstruction, Calcaneal OGaststeotomy,

Well,

I had my surgery done on on Feb. 9th. It was outpatient, my husband left for 3 hours and then came back and had to wait in the waiting room another 3 hours. Very long day, my block did not take so when I woke up I had a ton of pain. I am allergic to all major narcotics so they gave me morphine which has not helped me at all!! Praying that each day gets better! Having alot of pulling it feels of my new tendon and the heel is really hurting. In a soft cast until my follow-up on 2/24

Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #2
(male)

dubpt HB Userdubpt HB User
Re: 5 days out, PTT reconstruction, Calcaneal OGaststeotomy,

Good luck on your recovery and hopefully the pain will get under better control. The best thing early after surgery is to elevate and ice the leg/foot as often as possible. I stayed on a scheduled plan of pain med use for the first 7-10 days post-op than slowly decreased med use.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User

Did they do a block? My doctor routinely keeps his patients in the hospital three nights for pain control. I had a block, pain pump and was able to buzz for a nurse when I had breakthrough pain. Luckily, the pain was reasonably well controlled. I did have a lot of spasms at one point. Neurontin helped take the edge off. I wonder if that may help with the pulling sensation.
Good luck

Old 02-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

It sounds like most medications they could give you for pain you can't take. I feel so bad for you. Are you keeping your foot elevated and icing? I was also lucky in that my doctor kept me in the hospital for two days for pain control and also used a nerve block. I can't imagine how you feel. It will start to feel a little better soon. Good luck

Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
(female)

mutedgirl HB User

Heyy, hope you feel better soon. I had my surgery this morning and I an staying in hospital till Monday at the least. Again I have a nerve block though I have a lot of tingling and almost pins and needles type sensation on my foot/lower leg. Is this normal? Hope y feel better soon
Xxx

Old 02-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

The nerve block is probably starting to where off. Its normal. Now is when you want to press the button for the pain so it does not get bad on you. Good luck on your recovery.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missyluke For This Useful Post:
mutedgirl (02-18-2012)
Closed Thread