It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
(male)

fberke HB User
LisFranc misdiagnosed

In June of 2011 I fell off a ladder and broke by wrist and twisted my foot badly
The first Orthopaedic surgeon identified a LisFranc injury from an X-ray but I then went to another Orthopaedic surgeon recommend by surgeon friend of mine. Five days after the injury he had a CT scan of the foot and said it was a real bad sprain and to just stay off it for a while. 8 weeks later I could hardly stand on it. 4 months later it was still very painful to walk and I limped badly. So I went to a Pediatrist who looked at the CT scan and said I had a Lis Frank injury. 7 months after injury I then went to another Orthopaedic surgeon who is supposed to be a real expert and he said it was a LisFranc and the bones had shifted about 2mm and to wait a few more months and if not better to maybe have the bones fused. It has now been 9 months and I have arthritis in the foot and I limp most of the time. I don't know if I should have this surgery as the on line articles say it may or may not help. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
(male)

MyLFStory HB User
Re: LisFranc misdiagnosed

I was told mine was a bad sprain and walked on it for 4 months as well. I just had a fusion with bone plus a plate with 10 screws that will never be removed. I have to tell you, it feels better now than before the surgery. I'm sure the recovery is long, but my Ortho told me due to my size 6"6 310 he fixed it like they would an offensive linemen. He said it should be just fine to do whatever I wanted to do. I'm glad I had the surgery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
(female)

Loretta> HB UserLoretta> HB UserLoretta> HB UserLoretta> HB User
Re: LisFranc misdiagnosed

Hi, I was 12 weeks post surgery Monday. I got the okay to walk yesterday. It is stiff, and I can tell where the hardware is. The doctor seemed very please after seeing the xray. I was in some pain last night, but not to sleep with 2 Tylenol and no boot!

Closed Thread