It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

alt4u HB User
Second toe cross over and sewing toes together??

I am a 53 year old fit woman - I have a second toe really crossing over my big toe and a neuroma between 2nd and 3rd toe and third toe moving towards second toe.

Met with my orthopedic surgeon today - and she doesn't feel that I need my bunion operated on - no pain and toe fairly straight - great news...

but is going to remove neuroma, straighten out and put a pin in second toe (may have to remove a bit of bone) and it will still fit between big toe and third toe nicely -

BUT...and I haven't heard of this before (or can't find much info about it on the web) - she wants to sew the skin together on the second and third toe about 2/3 of the way up to stabilize both...

Has anyone had this done or heard of this - she is an Ortho doc with a great reputation - but am just curious - if you have had this done, results?

Thanks!

April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Second toe cross over and sewing toes together??

Hi, my mother in law has had something similiar done a long time ago. She has her 2nd and 3rd tow sewn together she told me because they were overlapping.
She is now 85 or so. Hope this helps, its all I got. CJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread