It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

Karatemom40 HB UserKaratemom40 HB User
officially diagnosed PTTD. Share stories,info!

Well, today I visited a new OS and he officially diagnosed me with PTTD (although he called it the old school name of adult acquired flatfoot). He says the tendon appears to be quite inflamed around the medial mallelous causing bruising from internal bleeding of the tendon. It described it as the tendon "fraying" like rope over the bone. He says this is a very slow healing tendon and it could take months to get rid of the inflammation. He put me on a steroid pack and ibuprofen afterwards and said to expect to take the ibuprofen for a few months. He also put me in a new Cam walker. I will go back to him in 3 weeks for a check to see how things are doing, but he seemed to hint that I'd be in the boot for quite some time to come. He indicated the tendon was "severely inflamed" seeing as how it was causing discoloration under the skin around the bone.

He didn't give me a stage, but I suspect it's like I thought and stage 1 to late 1. I can still rise up on toes a few times but then it hurts around the 3-4th time and can't hold it. The X-ray showed some flattening of the bones in my forefoot as well.

So, I am really just looking to hear stories of those that did the conservative treatments and caught it early enough to have some success and hear the outcomes. Please share your story.

Thank you!

Also, bad news... I have a rider on my insurance that excludes all tendonitis (due to shoulder bursitis a few years ago that required surgery). So, I'm not covered at ALL for any treatment of the foot. I will have to look into getting another policy at this point for fear of not being covered should the tendon rupture.

The following user gives a hug of support to Karatemom40:
shortyblueyes (04-02-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: officially diagnosed PTTD. Share stories,info!

I tried non invasive techniques to no avail. I then had a modified kinder and the ptt repaired but I continued to have problems. It appears that the first doctor was not aggressive enough and the tendon continued to degrade. I ended up with a flat foot reconstruction 20 months ago and am doing so much better.

I can't believe that your insurance company was able to put a rider on the policy excluding all tendonitis. That is absolutely horrible.

The Following User Says Thank You to roxygirl1 For This Useful Post:
Karatemom40 (03-17-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

I was diagnosed with pttd several years ago. The doctor tried all conservative measures - rest, ice, brace, soft cast, and hard cast. The problem did not resolve - the tendon only got worse. I had the surgery 19 months ago. The surgery is complicated and the recovery long and demanding. The surgery for pttd was successful.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
(female)

severity777 HB Userseverity777 HB User

There is no rider for adult acquired flatfoot is there? There is more going on here than tendinitis.

Closed Thread