It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #31
(female)

severity777 HB Userseverity777 HB User
Re: pttd pre op tomorrow

I had the following scheduled, in addition to the aforementioned, resected navicular tuberosity, midfoot fusion, bone graft and calcaneal osteotomy. I was very surprised when i awoke and learned that none of these had been performed. He is a teacher for harvard med. And only does these kinds of surgery. Hope ur right about it being good.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
(female)

Its been 5 1/2 months since my surgery. Both feet hurt very bad. Mri last week showed two torn tendons in operated foot. Left foot has tendinitis. Im scared. Waiting for call from surgeon about treatment plan. Second opinion scheduled on Halloween.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

What was the surgery you had done 5 months ago? Do you know what caused the new problems. I really feel for you. I hope your srgeon will be able to help.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #34
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

What was the surgery you had done 5 months ago? Do you know what caused the new problems. I really feel for you. I hope your surgeon will help!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #35
(female)

Tendon transfer, gastroc recession and rebuilt spring ligament structure.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
(male)

planemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB User

Wow, I am sorry that you are having such complications. I don't blame you for going for a second opinion, that's exactly what I would do if I was in your situation. I had read up on tendon transfer surgery before I had mine, and there isn't a very high rate of success. I also read that the chance of failure is greater when they don't do the calcanal osteotomy because that helps put less stress on the newly transferred tendons. It sounds like you have a good OS, but nothing is guaranteed I guess. I hope all goes well on the second opinion.
I am 7 months post op now, and still having problems. I'm waiting to get a USB orthotic brace. My OS says it should give my arch more support and take some pressure off of my transferred tendon untill it gets stronger. I wonder if they might recommend that for you untill they can do something more permanent.

Surgery March 6, 2012: Calcanal Osteotomy, PTT repair, FDL tendon transfer on left foot.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #37
(female)

Thanks for the support. What is a usb brace?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I just went back through and read this entire thread. I am so sorry to hear what you're going through Severity. I hope you get some better news! I can't believe they're making you wait until Halloween to be seen. I highly suggest a 3rd or 4th opinion. You most certainly don't deserve to be going through this.

I personally have a different condition but totally understand how you feel. It is so frustrating to have set backs. It has been 6 months since my surgery and I am in a cast again so I feel your pain!!

Feel free to message me anytime you want to talk.

~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #39
(female)

I jogged a lil bit in sept next to my son as he learned to ride a bike. This is all I can imagine happened, though that day my foot hurt really bad after working a few hours and I took two painkillers which probably led me to think jogging was ok. Maybe it was already messed up. I also have a hard time remaining on the couch. Before this started, I had a hell of a pregnancy that left me sick on the couch for almost a year. Had a literal nightmare of a surgery c section where my anesthesia wore off during the procedure and I cant believe this was bad enough for me to go under the knife again. I feel I've been on my couch for three years straight. I miss my old life. I miss walking the most. And cooking for people. I fear that because its both feet now, i will end up in a wheelchair. I just tell myself that if it comes to that, its not forever. I hope.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

It's not forever...I know its easy to say that. I am sure you're going to find the solution to your problem. It is very frustrating to have something like an injury take over your life. It consumes you and leaves you dependent on others. I personally have worn out a recliner being laid up since April of this year.

I think my butt is going to start to be flat at this rate. I was actively playing softball up until this year. This was the first time in years I haven't played and it sucks. I can hardly stand to go watch my team play.

There are so many good surgeons out there and so many options. Don't give up yet. I am only 32 and know how hard it is to accept.

Take care!
~Kimberly
January 2013

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

I second everything Kimberly says (except my butt has always been flat!) it will seem like forever sometimes but you are on the right road now. It's a long road but you are on your way. Just take it one day at a time. Keep posting, this board is the best support group ever!

Last edited by ginger62; 10-15-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #42
(male)

parker776 HB User

Hi severity777,
I had the following done on 6/4 .
left tendon restructure PTT, FDL tendon transfer, Tendoachilles Lengthenjng,tibia bone graft harvesting, Iliac Crest Bone Marrow aspirate, and Sub Tular Fusion . The surgeon
said my PTT was shredded, so I guess in m

Old 10-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

We had some same procedures Parker...did you have any issues getting your subtalar fusion to grow? My new bone growth was broken and I am having troubles getting it to regrow.
January 2013

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #44
(male)

planemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB User

Try not to get yourself too worked up untill you actually see the OS on Halloween. I can relate that it is much easier said than done. I'm sure they will give you orthotics and/or the cam walker boot. Btw, the UCB brace is an orthotic insert that has a cup that holds the heel stationary as well as arch support.
I'm not sure how they will handle you having problems with both feet, but I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person. I hope you don't have torn tendons in your other foot at least.
Hang in there.

Surgery March 6, 2012: Calcanal Osteotomy, PTT repair, FDL tendon transfer on left foot.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #45
(female)

I have custom orthotics already. They hurt alot. My left isnt torn but on its way. Thats why I cant imagine theyd put my right in a boot again. It didnt work the first two times I tried it and my left foot cant tolerate favoring the right anymore. I can feel them both getting worse with each step I take.

Closed Thread