It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Crazy itchy from Percoset... Help!

Sheesh. I was a little itchy before... But now. Woof. Itchy all over. I don't have hives...

Any ideas? I have a call in to the on call Doc, but wondered what you guys know,.

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
(female)

Shann0n HB User
Re: Crazy itchy from Percoset... Help!

I had the same problem...take some benedryl, it really helps. It actually went away after a couple of weeks though. I think maybe my body got used to it.

Last edited by Shann0n; 03-24-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User

How do I check drug interactions between percocet, Tramadol, and benedryl?

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 03-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
(female)

Karatemom40 HB UserKaratemom40 HB User

Those should be fine, but I'd call your pharmacist when in doubt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pznatti View Post
How do I check drug interactions between percocet, Tramadol, and benedryl?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Thanks! I have no idea why I didn't think of that! Pharmacist said that they are fine. I'm going to try to take just the Percoset... She was worried the reaction would get worse...

Old 03-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

The Percocet is causing the itching. Very common with pain meds. Benadryl will help or if you are like me and you will be hung over from benadryl for 2-3 days, then see if your doctor will call in an Rx for Vistaril. It's a prescription antihistamine that is commonly taken with pain meds like percocet and not only does it relieve itching (mostly prescribed for pruritis-itching), but it also potentiates the effects of the narcotic, or makes them stronger. Since you are having more pain with the block wearing off and are needing the tramadol for breakthrough pain, this might help the pain and the itching. I take Vistaril every time I take percocet and I usually don't itch. I think Joyful and Loretta take it too! HTH!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
(female)

Wondering if the Benadryl worked for the itching?

Old 03-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

I think so... I slept fine. I'm wondering if it wasn't Percocet but was Tramadol that caused it... I also stopped Tramadol and only took Benedryl last night...

But now my leg inside my splint itches. Holy moly...

Old 03-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
(female)

Quote:
I think so... I slept fine. I'm wondering if it wasn't Percocet but was Tramadol that caused it... I also stopped Tramadol and only took Benedryl last night...

But now my leg inside my splint itches. Holy moly...
Oh that's the worst kind of itch too! Inside the cast!!!! ARGH! Glad you aren't itching all over at least for now!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

For sure! That was worse. I can't get to this itch and I'm not supposed to stick anythig inside so the incision doesn't get infected.

This really is a joyful experience lol..

Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
(female)

Yeah I had a ruler I used to put inside my cast, but I didn't have surgery or a wound to worry about. Feel for you not being able to scratch it!

Quote:
For sure! That was worse. I can't get to this itch and I'm not supposed to stick anythig inside so the incision doesn't get infected.

This really is a joyful experience lol..

Closed Thread