It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Snowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB UserSnowrunner HB User
Question about Meds...

How do I know when I can cut back on the percocet? I am not taking the Tramadol, but did take ibuprofen in between Percocet doses... I know I will take the percocet for a bit more but really want to be off of it as soon as possible...

And when can I drive? Tomorrow is day 4 after the surgery and I admit I would like to take my boys to school... Is that okay? I just don't know when I can stop elevating constantly...

Brostrom ligament reconstruction (success), joint debridment, perineal tendon tear repair (fail): 3/22/12

Old 03-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

Amethy5t HB UserAmethy5t HB UserAmethy5t HB UserAmethy5t HB User
Re: Question about Meds...

Hi pznatti,

Glad you came through the surgery OK. I think post-surgical pain varies hugely so I can only offer a guess. The first week after surgery is probably the worst. Not sure what dose of percocet you are on but you could try taking half or 3/4 dose and see if it is enough. Then you coud lower it a bit more every few days.

Re driving... to me it seems very soon. Some people are barely out of hospital at four days! I think it's normal to elevate the foot for a couple of weeks post-surgery. Resting now will really pay off in terms of healing. I don't know how long the trip to school is, but even if it is only 10 mins, if you add on the time to park and walk the kids into school, then drive home again, you could have your foot down for half an hour. This might be too much.

Do you get swelling when you have the foot down - eg when you are showering? If not I guess it is more likely to by ok driving.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread