It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
In a cast with cramps in that calf and arch!

Hey! Anyone have cramps in their arch/calf inside their cast? I'm getting them off and on and it's not like I can weight bear to make them go away. So scared they will become Charlie horses which for me only get better with weight and I can't do that! I'm drinking fluids, eating extra potassium, etc. It's painful in those areas as well as in my ankle where the surgery was done! Oh and I take a muscle relaxer at night for the twitching/jerking and it relieves that, but not the cramps!

The following user gives a hug of support to Hollywood48:
MrsHeidi (03-28-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
(female)

MrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB User
Re: In a cast with cramps in that calf and arch!

I can only try to imagine how painful that is. Do you have room to squeeze a back scratcher in? Maybe you could apply some bores sure from that. I hope you figure something out soon. How much longer till you get the cast off?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
(male)

Lurchy24 HB UserLurchy24 HB UserLurchy24 HB UserLurchy24 HB UserLurchy24 HB UserLurchy24 HB User

Wow, that sounds terrible. I'm sorry to hear. I'm surprised the muscle relaxer doesn't help more. Maybe try drinking Gatorade or Pedialite for the electrolytes?

Hope it gets better!

Old 03-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

HEIDI--It is painful! Thankfully I'm supposed to get my cast off on Monday and move into the boot! Bittersweet time b/c I'm ready to get it off so I can shave, exfoliate and moisturizer my leg and foot, but scared b/c I love the protection i get in the boot! Plus scared to walk! And what were saying about applying with the back scratcher? I didn't quite understand! I'm sorry!

LURCHY--yeah I was surprised too! However the muscle relaxant is probably what is keeping them from becoming full blown Charlie horses which is good! I'm drinking Gatorade, eating bananas!

Closed Thread