It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
(female)

LifestruckSara HB User
Bunion Surgery !

I saw other things on this site such as help with depression after surgery and whatnot, but I'm not sure if my feet are normally recovering. Unlike most people on here who got bunion surgery, I'm 14, and just got it done yesterday. I'm already walking on crutches and its not that painful.
Is it normal for a 14 year old girl to have severe bunions?

Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User
Re: Bunion Surgery !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifestruckSara View Post
I saw other things on this site such as help with depression after surgery and whatnot, but I'm not sure if my feet are normally recovering. Unlike most people on here who got bunion surgery, I'm 14, and just got it done yesterday. I'm already walking on crutches and its not that painful.
Is it normal for a 14 year old girl to have severe bunions?
Hi Sara,
Congratulations on having done your surgery and now on the mend. My understanding is that bunions can be hereditary, so you may already have the genes and having worn high heels (not sure if you did) may worsen the condition faster. I know being young, you will probably recover faster, and probably can't wait to run, let alone walk, but I would still strongly suggest that you take your time to give your feet a chance to heal properly. If you are also taking painkillers, you obviously won't feel much discomfort while being on your feet. Stay off your feet for the next week if at all possible, preferably with your feet elevated above your heart to keep the blood from pooling in your feet. This will also help reduce the amount of scar tissue formation on the surgical areas. After your stitches are removed, massage the area daily to keep the scar tissue at bay too so that your toes can be naturally nimble.

Good luck and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Cheers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User

sorry...double posting due to server error....

Last edited by earthworm88; 04-09-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
(female)

LifestruckSara HB User

I think my bunions are hereditary, because my mother and grandparents have them. I'm the first one that's had to have surgery though. I have never worn heels before, just character shoes is a play. But I just got a boot today. If I was complaining about my cast being heavy before, this is a whole other ball game. Its highly uncomfortable and annoying.
But thank you for your advice!

Old 04-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
(male)

stevensonj1 HB User

bunion surgery's are terrible.....

Closed Thread