It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
(female)

Poesjenel HB User
Angry When the Burning Starts

Recuperating from second reconstructive fusion (first one infected) and this one is worse than the first. More swelling this time and burning. Burning every day. Still on antibiotics and don't want to start any more medicine but getting very discouraged. It will be a cold day in July before I can put on any kind of shoe and with this burning I'm helpless.

Any insights?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

Armstead HB UserArmstead HB UserArmstead HB User
Re: When the Burning Starts

I had a fusion 2 years ago and then last year I had to have tendon repair surgery. The first surgery resulted in a sural nerve injury and my symptoms included intense burning on the lateral aspect of my foot. Thje nerve was 'entrapped' in scar tissue. With the tendon surgery the doc 'fixed' the nerve--debrided the scar tissue. I continued to have burning for about 4 months and all of the sudden it became intermittent and then gone. Is the burning on the outside of your foot, or near an incision where a nerve may be 'trapped' in scar tissue as mine was? What does your doc have to say?
I know how you feel...
Armstead

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

Poesjenel HB User
Re: When the Burning Starts

This is my fourth operation. First one 30 yrs ago, second to fix first. Neuroma! I think that's still the worst part of the burning. And when the foot swells the burning starts. But, like you, there are some times I don't feel it. I am hopeful but still have a take a pain pill every day and didn't have to on the previous operation I mentioned in my Thread.

I'll keep optimistic but don't want to take Lyrica, etc. I will just try to wait it out. It's been one month since the last re-do surgery (5 months since the first one). This one is not as easy but hey, I'm still at it.

Will post again in two weeks after doctor visit.

Thank you so very much for responding.

Closed Thread