It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
(female)

JKA7 HB User
Exclamation Concerned about my bunion 13 weeks post opp.

okay so on February 15th i had a bunion fixed, it is now april 26th. So in my surgery i had three screws put in, two fusing the joint at the side closest to my ankle on my 1st metatarsal and the other one is at the top of my 1st metatarsal because my cartlige was rotated so they turned it back and the other screw is keeping that how it should be now.
every thing has been going well i have been out of a hard cast for about 5 weeks i think and in physical therapy for 4 weeks.i can walk in my boot no problems but recently i noticed when i am out of my boot walking (with crutches- barley any weight still) my foot will turn black/purple/redish. it happens fairly fast like by the time i get down a hall or when changing. it does not hurt when this happens but it is really dark and now when it happens it extends up my leg quite a bit. it is rather concerning me. if i elevate it when it happens it goes away pretty quick. but i talked to my doc and physical therapist and doc said see if it happens in he am, and i checked and it got pretty red not quite blue though, my physical therapist said if it swells when it happens let him know asap, and it does. so i see him tomorrow and plan to tell him but as for now i am freeking. please any help, guesses or anything please help me out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
(female)

krisda HB User
Re: Concerned about my bunion 13 weeks post opp.

Hi, I had bunion surgery March 28. I have 4 screws and a plate as well as 2 pins sticking out of my foot that will be removed May 10. I never had any problems with the discoloration that you describe. I think it needs to be addressed by your doctor. It does not sound like a symptom most bunioectomies describe. I have been going crazy with being house bound. Let me know what the docs says. I am walking around pretty well with my heel and side of foot that had the surgery. Pain is minimal now. I just want to be able to to the things I did before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread