It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

lindad1 HB User
Talking PTTD & Oseotomy in UK

Hi all.I had the op for a ruptured tendon & osteotomy in February 2012 so still in recovery.I can`t emphasise enough that anyone having this done should check out the Ortho & get second opinions if necessary.The first one I saw was more interested in wasting my time & money & gave me a diagnosis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.I wasn`t happy with that & booked a 2nd Ortho after having an MRI scan done.My ankle was totally mullered & the radiologist that looked at the scans said"Wow!". There was a lot of damage & my new Ortho agreed with his report & operated on my foot.I had checked him out before I saw him & he has had plenty of experience with the surgery.

He has done an amazing job,been very kind,gentle & imformative at all times,I couldn`t have wished for a better surgeon.I am nearly 12 weeks out,just started FWB in huge trainers that accomodate the swelling!
The pain is minimal,getting better each day & I know it will be months before my foot is normal again.

The pain after the op was pretty bad & using crutches while NWB was awful!
I didn`t think I would ever walk again but everything is coming together.It just takes time for the foot to recover,it has a lot of weight to hold up all it`s life!

Hoping I will be back playing golf one day!

Closed Thread