It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

1b2u3t4 HB User
Unhappy Pain in both feet

I am having alot of trouble with my feet and cannot seem to find similar problems, I have pain when standing for periods of time but also standing in short bursts, eg in the weekend I went OP shopping, I was in and out of the car, never on my feet for more that 30min at a time, I then went to do my grocery shopping which took about 30-45 min, the pain is horrendous, I pay for it for the rest of that day and the next. When I sit the pain goes I just have a throb but as soon as I stand up I nearly fall over with the pain, If I am in a situation where I still have to carry on doing things and cannot stay off my feet for the rermainder of the day, my feet start throbbing, my heels are painful to the touch and I cannot stand without something supporting me, even to the point I am crying due to the pain, I have a job where I am sitting most of the day so have no pain it only happens when i am on my feet for more that 30min at a time. I have back problems and am not sure if this is related as the back pain is nothing compared to this pain, Is there anyone out there who can shed light on what this may be?

Last edited by 1b2u3t4; 05-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Pain in both feet

Has anyone suggested Plantar Fasciitis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
(male)

flyer99 HB User

The pain in your feet could be various things. Have you had your blood sugar level tested? It could be diabetic neuropathy. If not it could also be any neuropathy problem which could affect the nerves in your extremities (feet). Check with your physician and let him/her check your feet. He may refer you to a neurologist. It could also be some edema (blood pooling). Do you notice if your feet are swelled? A podiatrist could also carefully examine your feet for plantars, bunions, etc. It could also be gout. This is found by a blood test for uric acid levels. My mother had gout in both feet and they were very sore. She took pills for it and elevated her feet. It could be something very simple or very complicated. There can be tons of things that cause sore feet. I remember I had to take a week off work a few years ago after I volunteered at an event where I had to stand on a concrete floor for about 12 hours a day. My feet were so sore, swelled and they really hurt. I would first check with your doctor and get them checked out. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to flyer99 For This Useful Post:
1b2u3t4 (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
(female)

1b2u3t4 HB User

[QUOTE=Titchou;4985045]Has anyone suggested Plantar Fasciitis?[/QUOTE]

I have rersearched this but I dont have the pain in the mornings as it suggests, If i just go to work each day where i only walk to the loo when I need and to and from the car I have no pain at all.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

Definitely need to go to your doctor and get them checked out. It could be a myriad of things and you need to be sure of which it is as some are more serious than others!

Closed Thread