It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
(female)

Loretta> HB UserLoretta> HB UserLoretta> HB UserLoretta> HB UserLoretta> HB User
weight bearing!!!

Hi Friends! I had my 12 week visit yesterday and I am cleared to walk with a special insole or I can wear Dansko professional shoes without the insole! I don't have a store which is an easy drive that sells Dansko shoes. I ordered what he okayed. I have a pair of Dansko shoes but they don't have a back, he only wants the ones with the back. The insole is making my regular shoes too tight at the top, so I am looking forward to being able to wear the Dansko with no additions. I believe I know exactly what size of Dansko with the back will work as I had one pair in 37 that were too tight at the top, so I got 38 coming this time. Just hope they work! I had a sore evening. I got through with 2 Tylenol PM. This morning it is not sore yet, a bit tingly. My second surgery to remove hardware should be in about 6-8 weeks. I see the surgeon in four weeks and schedule hardware removal surgery. I'll worry about that of course, but trying not to think about it now. He said for hardware removal insurance will not pay for a night in the hospital, so I hoping this isn't as bad as the first.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: weight bearing!!!

Fantastic!! Have you tried to put any weight on it yet or are you waiting for the shoes first? If you have, did it hurt??? So excited for you! Don't think about hardware removal yet! Just get through this first, but if you can't help thinking about the next surgery, then think about howiteont be nearly as bad as this one!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread