It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

sorefooted HB Usersorefooted HB Usersorefooted HB User
Total tendon release in toe

Hi all, Has anyone ever had a tendon totally released in a toe that was stuck up from too much scar tissue? I have had 5 foot surgeries. the first two were botched. when the good surgeon tried to fix what the bad surgeon had messed up he had to shorten my second toe. When it healed, the toe was elevated and over the third toe. when he took the hardware out he cleaned up the scar tissue but it came back even worse. He did a tendon transfer last November which he said works in the majority of cases to get the toe down. My toe flung right back up. The top of my foot is constantly black and blue, swollen and the toe is just plain tired from being stuck up. It hurts all the time but it never gets worse, I am functional, doing most everyhting I want despite the bruising, swelling and pain. I have had a ton of PT, to no avail. he now wants to cut and release the tendon totally, which will leave me with a down toe, but I am afraid of how much it will drop. will I trip over it? Has anyone ever had this done and how did it turn out?please advise.thank you. Jane

Old 05-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Total tendon release in toe

I'm so sorry I don't have answers for you as I haven't had this done, but I know there's a lot of people on here that have had at least similar stuff so hopefully they will answer. Good luck though!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread