It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

Slillymom HB User
2 weeks post Brostrom, going well

I am now two weeks post op from a brostrom repair of my left ankle. My pain has been very minimal after the first 5 days. I rarely need pain meds now. I really only take them for headaches and muscles aches from laying around so much. I've had a few trips out and about and thing went well. My swelling seems to be fairly minimal. I went to dinner and a movie last night and was up for about 6 hours. I was ready to come home and put my foot up after that. My biggest struggle has been getting around on one foot. Everything takes twice as much effort and twice as long. I'm going to head back to work on Monday, but I will be sitting most of the day and able to put my foot up. I'm ready to go back because I'm definitely getting some cabin fever. I don't get to bear weight on my foot until after the 13th. This will put me 4 weeks post op. I then am 3 weeks in the walking cast. I hope my recovery continues to progress well. We'll see how the pain is after I start walking on my foot.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: 2 weeks post Brostrom, going well

Yay! I'm so glad you are doing so well! Glad your pain is down and you aren't requiring pain meds too often. I completely understand about the muscle aches from laying around. Several of us had those and we also experienced spasms of our surgical ankles. Mine would twitch and jump on its own! That would make it hurt!!! Glad you got out and went to dinner and movie. Hopefully you were able to put it up on the seat in front of you in the theater? That's what I did. I went to a good number of movies while in a cast and NWB (which was 6 weeks for both for me) because it was about as long as I could go to eat and see a movie before I was exhausted and needing to lay down and elevate and ice. I'd make sure to go at non peak times to be able to prop my cast up on the seat in front of me! If you are feeling this good and aren't getting too tired, you should do ok at work. Is there a way you could make the first day back a test day so if you do get too tired or are in pain, you can go home take meds? Obviously you can't take them when driving yourself to ad from work or at your job. Just don't want you to get in a situation where you become exhausted or are in too much pain and can't do anything about it! Horrible feeling! Glad you are doing well!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread