It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

greeneyes0292 HB User
Question electric shock pain in foot

Hi, I'm new to this. For about 2 months now I have had server pain in both feet if I stood or walked for over 8 minutes. About 2 weeks ago I started getting numbness in the left foot starting with big toe then 2nd toe to finish with 1/2 foot feeling tingly. 3 days ago I started getting some swelling on bottom of left foot and when swelling would go down I can't walk because of sharp "electric shock feeling" if any pressure or touch to toes or bottom of foot. Still alot of pain in right foot too. I just saw a podiatrist yesterday and had x-rays done. Possible stress fracture but not so sure cause I couldn't put any pressure on it. Got mri scheduled for tomorrow. Anyone know anything about this? I do have low arches.
Thanks!!!

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

Gimp123 HB UserGimp123 HB User
Re: electric shock pain in foot

Hi, I have nerve pain in my lower leg and foot is extremely sensitive to the slightest touch from a prior hip surgery 2 yrs ago. .. forgot to mention drop foot, but the pain you're describing is similar to what I have for no apparent reason - the nerve pain and swelling is just there whether I'm moving or not. Has something happened to damage or stretch your peroneal nerve?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
(female)

greeneyes0292 HB User
Smile Re: electric shock pain in foot

[QUOTE=Gimp123;4996906]Hi, I have nerve pain in my lower leg and foot is extremely sensitive to the slightest touch from a prior hip surgery 2 yrs ago. .. forgot to mention drop foot, but the pain you're describing is similar to what I have for no apparent reason - the nerve pain and swelling is just there whether I'm moving or not. Has something happened to damage or stretch your peroneal nerve?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can figure out is after being on my feet all day, I may have started favoring one foot over another. I believe it is some kind of nerve damage too. My poditrist has my mri but hasn't called me back with the results. I may have to find another one. He seems to be more for elderly people and not responsive. I have had a time with my feet for over a month and no answers yet.

Closed Thread