It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

joji31 HB User
debridemment recovery question

One week ago I had ptt debridement surgery.Still have staples in incision but wearing boot and ordered to be NWB for another week. My family,particularly my husband has been less than helpful around the house
and being angry and discouraged today I started walking with just the boot
hauling loads of laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs,sweeping,vacuuming ,etc. ,I don't see any help coming my way anytime soon and it looks llike I will have to keep doing it all or it won't get done,gonna try grocery shopping alone tomorrow I guess.
Anyone been in this position?
Is there any real damage that can be done by walking on it too soon or will it just take longer to heal?

Last edited by joji31; 06-09-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: debridemment recovery question

I'm so sorry you are in this situation of no help! I can't even imagine. I would check with your doctor though before you continue to do this. He has you NWB for a reason and you may cause damage by putting weight on it too early or cause your incision to come open or not close up well, etc. I had a tendon repaired on the other side of my ankle and I was NWB for 6 wks and when I tried to negotiate that in the beginning, my doctor made it very clear it was nonnegotiable and that tendons take longer to heal than ligaments. They are slow to heal. So please ask your doctor and again, so sorry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread