It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

Jin22 HB User
Big Toes don't bend...

Hi, although they have always been this way i didn't know it was abnormal until recently, both of my big toes do not bend...i have never been able to bend them but thought it was normal, until my latest girlfriend pointed it out that it's not, and since then iv'e become very paranoid about them, would anyone be able to help with reasons as to why they may be this way?

Thanks in advance

Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Big Toes don't bend...

Which joint doesn't bend? There are two in the bog toe. And were they this way as a child are just since adulthood? Do they hurt when you try to bend them? And how is your gait when you walk - rolling up on the toes is a normal motion.

Last edited by Titchou; 06-12-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #3
(male)

Jin22 HB User

Hi and thanks for the reply, both joints do not bend and i believe they have been this way since birth as i can't recall them ever being able to bend, which i suppose made me think it was normal. There is pain when i try to bend them as it feels like i'm forcing something to break or split, my walking and running is fine, i play football regurlaly and feel i would play differently could they bend. Again i feel everything i do regarding my feet is normal as iv'e never know any other way.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I'd suggest seeing a ortho who is foot and ankle board certified. it may be that this was congenital and nothing can be done but it may be something that can be corrected.
Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
Jin22 (06-13-2012)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
(male)

Jin22 HB User

Thanks for your help, will look into it.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

You are very welcome! Come back and let us know what you found out.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
(female)

mtasha HB User

Hi, just wondering if you ended up seeing about this and what was said? I have the same problem and always thought it was normal until a few years ago. My mum had never noticed when I was little so Im not sure if they've always been that way (I assume they have!) or if they've fused over time. Ive never known anyone else to have this problem until I googled it tonight and this came up!

Old 12-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
(male)

D1980H HB User

I too have this problem and would like to know any answers as to what this might be. Is it a type of birth defect and can it be fixed?

Closed Thread