It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
(female)

SandiL HB User
Big toe fusion recovery

Hi, I'm new to thie site but would like to ask about the fusion healing. I am two weeks post surgery today. I started out with a cast but by doc allowed me to get a boot instead. I have been taking it off from time to time ( because it is so heavy) but only at rest or to sleep. The toe is fused with a plate and screws. Am I doing damage by taking off the boot? I would like to hear from others about the week to week healing. thank you.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Big toe fusion recovery

hard to answer your questions. when i had my big toe fused i was nwb with a cast for 12 weeks. i then went into a walking boot for 4 weeks. your dr will know best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread