It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
(male)

NiceLadPaul HB User
weather i should be on the sick with gout???

Hi all i like to use this has it helps me greatley. Well the thing is i suffer with gout the problem is i have applied for about 8 or 9 jobs working i get interviews then a question comes up i have to be honest with the interview person says is that or could there be a medical problem why you can't do certain jobs as it's now legal not to mentioned it so i said i suffer with gout on all 9 interviews and they because of that of it ive been knocked back from jobs because of it. My point is if i'm getting knocked back by jobs should i be on the sick as i see it as i am not fit enough for work by been rejected and also its getting me down as i do want to work any information would be much appericated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: weather i should be on the sick with gout???

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Gout usually just affects the feet and legs, so if you are applying for a desk job, it shouldn't matter.

In the USA, employers CAN'T ask you about your disabilities or medical conditions, they can only ask whether you are able to do the job. Apply for a job where you can sit, and don't mention the gout during the interview. I never mention my medical problems during interviews, I just make sure I only apply for jobs I am able to do.

I know several people with gout, and all of them are employed, but they all have jobs where they can sit down most of the time. Of course, I don't know you, and your gout may be more severe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I concur. I see no reason to mention the gout unless it's a job where you have to be on your feet all the time. I have asthma, allergies, Raynaud's, arthritis in my big toe joints, a bum knee. I've never mentioned any of them in an interview. I just don't apply for any which would be impacted by those conditions.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

I also agree with TITCHOU and JANEWHITE. Don't mention the gout and only apply for jobs you are able to do. Are you referring to disability when you say "on the sick"? If so, I don't know how severe your case is, but usually gout patients don't need disability.

Closed Thread