It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #1
(male)

v8powered HB User
Permanent toe nail removal, can it be reversed?

I am 21 years old.

When I was in 6th grade, I kept having problems with ingrown toe nails, on both of my big toes.

I had 2 procedures done, they just narrowed the big toenails, however they continued to be ingrown. So they did a final procedure were the removed them, then snipped something to keep them from growing back.

This is been bothering me forever, I never wear sandals because I am too embarrassed of them being gone.

This effects me going to the beach, swimming, basically everything that involves taking my shoes of around other people.

I know some people say who cares its not a big deal, well it is to me.

Is there any way to reverse this so they will grow back?

Old 06-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Permanent toe nail removal, can it be reversed?

I know there has been some research and effort towards permanent fake toenails. I'd see a podiatrist to see where that effort is at this time. Otherwise, perhaps a visit to a nail salon for a tip or arcylic??? (I know, you are a male but we do see guys there!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Permanent toe nail removal, can it be reversed?

I can understand that. I hated my feet for the longest time because of my toes and I grew up as a tomboy so I didn't care at first. Till middle school when the girly stuff hit me and I realized I never wanted to paint my toenails because I HATE my feet. I still don't like them, but I don't care anymore. That took years to work through though. Just like you, I wouldn't wear sandals or flip flops and it affected everything in the summer! So like TITCHOU said, check out where they are with the fake nail thing with a podiatrist and in the meantime, go to a nail salon for an acrylic nail and see if it can be done. They can make it look natural and yes, guys go all the time! My husband went today for a mani/pedi and a lot of girls like it when guys want to keep their hands and feet maintained! I'm sorry you are going through this! I, too, have had ingrown toenail issues in the past. I had the surgery to remove part of the nail, but not the whole nail. It will grow back, but I get regular pedicures and my nail girl helps me keep them cut out. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Closed Thread