It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

catlady007 HB User
Talking breaking up foot scar tissue after Morton; surgery

I had 2 morton's neuroma surgery on left foot in a 4 year time frame, I have always been in pain,,1st surgery done by pediatrist ( don't recommend)
2 nd surgery done by a orthopedic surgeon,, HELPFUL advice here..
make sure your surgeon is BOARD certified and does mostly foot surgery.
some dr's. say they " specialize" in a procedure, but that does not mean they are
BOARD certified in it,, just a note to help you poor souls who must have MN
surgery, be so careful, I have been through ****!! anyway, it has been 1 solid year since my last surgery ( 6 WEEKS ON CRUTCHES) still the pain did get better
after 3 months, I was even dancing in flat shoes of course, but this past spring the old pain started back again, TERROR!! I even considered a 3rd surgery, pain had gotten almost as bad as before surgery,,, I constanly babied my foot and wore my post up rubber shoe around, only shoe that was comfortable..
POINT now, I read that scar tissue can build up over time, as well as the severed nerves trying to regenerate into scar tissue,, soooo I started massage the heck out of my foot, and i started walking on it , in regular tennis shoes also do excercise ( get on floor like a dog pose and bend toes all the way back and hold for 2-3 minutes, no bouncing) this stretches strenghtnes the toes ligaments... and I am FINAllu able to walk so much better...
I am going tomm, to see a chiropractor in Asheville who is certified in A.R. T.
active release technique,, to BREAK Down scar tissue, i hope with all my heart that my story will help all of you ,,,,life can suck if you can't walk without being in pain, no matter what your age, I am 48 years young, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
(female)

wants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB Userwants to walk HB User
Re: breaking up foot scar tissue after Morton; surgery

I also attended ART to break down scar tissue in my ankle (different surgery and different injury) however the technique is the same. My sports medicine physio recommended it so I saw a massage therapist at the same centre to have ART done. Scar tissue can cause so many on-going problems. ART is not necessarily pleasant but it doesn't last long. My sessions were maybe 15 min at most but they can make that scar tissue break up. Good luck, hope it works well for you.

The following user gives a hug of support to wants to walk:
catlady007 (06-18-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to wants to walk For This Useful Post:
catlady007 (06-18-2012)
Closed Thread