It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

mngopher22 HB User
12 weeks post op OCD micro fracture surgery

First I would like to say how much insight and kind words I have read on the boards to far. Having gone through surgery and feeling the pain of an OCD, I had no one i could relate with. Only people who have experienced an OCD can understand the pain and mental toll it takes on one person.

I was diagnosed with an 1cm OCD on my talus in december 2011. I had micro fracture surgery on march 7th 2012. I was non weight bearing for 6 weeks, slowly transferring weight in a boot for 2 more weeks. I started PT 1 week after surgery just to keep ROM. At 6 weeks when i was allowed to start putting weight on it , I had my fair share of pains and aches but I didn't have the sharp pain I had pre surgery.

I had a 12 week post op appt with my OS and told him it was better, it still had some aches but no sharp stabbing pain. Literally the next day we had quite the weather change 20 degree change and humidity change, I woke up and my ankle was really aching. Since then I have some good days and some bad days. The pain I have is in the same spot as pre op but is dull instead of sharp stabbing pain. I am feeling like a lot of people on the boards, I always have the thought in the back of my mind did this work? I don't think it worked.

So long story short, I am looking for some wisdom, advice, experience to share with me. I am not really sure what to expect at 13 weeks out. I was hoping to have minimal pain but thats just not the case.

Did anyone out there have similar experience as me so far?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB User
Re: 12 weeks post op OCD micro fracture surgery

12 weeks out is WAY too soon to know if it worked. With mine, it was a good 8-10 months before any thought of it not working was considered so give it more time. It is way too early in the process to start questioning it...you will have pain and swelling for months - that is normal as well.

Don't push it ... Follow your drs orders on what to do/not do and see where you are in a few months.

Good luck!

Closed Thread