It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1
(female)

Awhhaw HB User
Confused about Foot pain

I am 23 and have been diagnosed with flat feet since I was 10 and have been wearing orthotics since then. Last year after living in pain for a year I finally had surgery for a bone spur and cyst in the middle of my left foot. About 3 weeks ago I sprained my foot and was diagnosed with a level 2 sprain. The ER told me I had possibly chipped my foot in the area where my surgery was and just gave it a twist. Upon following up with my podiatrist, he claimed I was fine and over reacting. Now I can barely work 6hrs with out shooting pain and sitting "criss cross apple sauce," as the kid I baby sit calls it, sends pain shooting through my foot. While trying to sleep I do get shooting pain as well.. I was given celebrex and told I am going to have arthritis in my foot. Is there anything else I can do? Any other reason for my pain, because my DR said it should be pain free in 2 weeks. I have an appointment next week with another Dr since mine is out of town. I just want to be able to walk without tons of pain.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

katiesfeet HB User
Re: Confused about Foot pain

I would suggest getting a second opinion from a doctor and very soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
(female)

Awhhaw HB User

I have an appointment next friday with a new Dr at a new office and praying for answers.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

Hi! Sorry to hear you are in so much pain and frustration. I would recommend getting a 2nd opinion from a board certified foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon, not a general ortho and not another podiatrist. Good luck and let us know it goes!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
(female)

Awhhaw HB User

Thanks everyone. I work for 2 major companies and am required to be at work. One I am seasonal so I have been calling in, the other I am full time and trying to take it easy by switching my long shifts. I know my foot gets aggravated by my job, but I don't want to lose my benefits and I love what I am doing. I have a feeling I will probably have to look for alternative jobs, but not yet. Not giving up yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
bone spurs removed, flat feet