It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

singitanyway HB User
Soft spot on the heel of my cast?

I've had this cast on my foot after surgery for almost two weeks now (the other one got wet in the shower after a week and had to be replaced...whoops!). I'm able to put a little bit of weight on it now without it hurting too bad, but I've noticed a soft spot on the cast over my heel every time I put weight on it. I can kind of feel it caving in and pressing on my heel. It's not cracked or anything, so I'm not sure if it's a big deal. I can't really feel it with my hand by pressing on it, just on my heel when I put weight on it, so it's not too bad at all. Should I call the office about this? If I do, will they have to replace the entire cast if it's a problem? I wasn't going to call, but it's a tiny bit uncomfortable on my heel to put weight on it there now.

Closed Thread