It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
(male)

kingkong1836 HB User
Crushed foot

I crushed tip of my foot about a week ago. X-rays were done immediately to rule out any fractures or the possibly of broken bones. The results were negative. The problem I am having is this. Directly behind my toes it is numb and a bit swollen and stiff. Putting pressure on my foot is fine, heck even running is fine there is no pain. When my toes are bent back towards me it just feels stiff but when I extend them, in swimming, that is when I get a sharp pain in the numb area so Im not swimming now. What can this be? Just a really bad bruising of the injured area? Tissue/nerve damage?

I am a serious athlete and swimming is a big part of my routine any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Crushed foot

It could be just bruising and swelling, or it could be you've injured something. For now, ice it 2-3 times a day, and avoid doing things that hurt. Breast-stroke or backstroke might be easier on your foot than a regular crawl. If it gets worse or doesn't seem to improve, go back to the doctor.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
kingkong1836 (07-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread