It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
(female)

SFCWIFE HB User
Post I Am A NEWBIE HERE... Looking For Some Help

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site and trying to get some GOOD advice.

July 18th I am having REMOVAL on BOTH Big Toe ( In Grown Nails ) I work up front at a DENTAL OFFICE ( how quick is this recovery ) to put a sneaker back on ???

Sept 24th My Surgery is schedule to have Bunion/Bone Spur Removal of Left Foot. I was told I can't return to work 3wks Crutches for the first 2wks and I will have to wear A BOOT Walking / Cast ? I have NEVER been through this I have heard/read different things and I am nervous. I will be put to sleep for this but HOW is this recovery AFTER ???? Can anyone please give me suggestions I understand what works for someone else, may not be the best for me.

Thank for any help

Vicki~

Old 07-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I Am A NEWBIE HERE... Looking For Some Help

As for the ingrown toenail removal, you should probably wear a sandal for a few days but i went back to work the next day with no problem. You just have to keep it bandaged so that's hard to do in a closed in shoe.

Not knowing what procedure you are having for the bunion/spur, it's rather difficult to comment. Do you know what it's called? What kind of doctor is doing it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
SFCWIFE (07-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
(female)

SFCWIFE HB User
Smile Re: I Am A NEWBIE HERE... Looking For Some Help

I don't know if I would be able to wear a sandal working in the office....
The bunion, Surgery I don't know what it's called but I am having a Podiatrist do the surgery. I haven't had my Pre- Op YET so not fully sure of ALL details.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I Am A NEWBIE HERE... Looking For Some Help

I'm sure you should be able to wear a sandal for a couple of days. Surely they will accomodate that. If not, you could use FMLA to take off till you can cen in a closed shoe.

As for the bunion surgery, I recommend you talk with an ortho who is foot and ankle board certified. While I like and trust my podiatrist (removed ingrowns 3 times for me), I would not let me operate on me (I've had 2 cheilectomies which are similar to some bunion procedures). And I certainly would not move forward with this unless I knew exactly what all will be done, what it's called, seen a diagram, seen my xrays, etc.

I urge you to do more research.

Closed Thread