It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #1
(female)

oopsnow HB User
Anyone else had a kidner's procedure (reattachment of the tib posterior tendon)

I'm still in week one.

Procedure apparently went well but my ankle is still only in a splint but tomorrow I'll be going for a follow up with my ortho surgeon to get my ankle put in a cast.

Anyone else had this procedure? Just wondering what to expect (doc says I should be off crutches by week 6)

TIA!

Old 07-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
(female)

NJmel HB User
Re: Anyone else had a kidner's procedure (reattachment of the tib posterior tendon)

No, but my husband needs to have this done. He is waiting for a good time. Which there never is one. I'm recovering from a procedure also. Anyway would love to hear how things are going as the weeks go on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
(female)

oopsnow HB User
Re: Anyone else had a kidner's procedure (reattachment of the tib posterior tendon)

Sure.

So I had my cast put in today instead of yesterday. Mine was a modified kidner's btw - so it's a lot less serious a procedure than a lot of other people's on the board.

Anyway, doc asked me to try putting a little bit of weight on my foot when I walk with crutches so that I do a little hop. I haven't tried it yet though. But he says within 2 1/2 weeks I'll be in a boot and should be able to walk with crutches.

Also, I can now sleep in any position I want - which is very helpful. I was keeping my foot pointing upwards and propped on two pillows for the whole week.

Hope this helps!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #4
(female)

NJmel HB User

My husband has a problem with his accessory navicular bone. I think the tendons are wrapped around it causing him extreme pain. DId you have that problem? One of the doctors did say it would be a modified kinder, but he will not be going to that dr. Hope you feel better quickly!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
(female)

oopsnow HB User

[QUOTE=NJmel;5016297]My husband has a problem with his accessory navicular bone. I think the tendons are wrapped around it causing him extreme pain. DId you have that problem? One of the doctors did say it would be a modified kinder, but he will not be going to that dr. Hope you feel better quickly![/QUOTE]

Yup, that was my problem, too. I tried all sorts of conservative methods hoping that it would go away and have lived with it for a few years - all my shoes are orthoe shoes, took anti-inflammatories etc but it came to a point where walking for prolonged periods while on holiday became too painful and I couldn't even do any cardio exercise anymore (even cycling would cause excruciating pain and I haven't run in years).

So I have the shaved off accessory navicular bone as a memento of my op (it looks like a tooth actually)

Closed Thread

Tags
kidner