It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

taz1211 HB User
Unhappy Tired of PTTD

I have been diagnosed with pttd since April and my foot/ankle doctor has had me in a CAM walker for 3 months now. The tendon is inflamed and there is a small tear. I have been non weight bearing the best I could but it's hard working and taking care of my family. It's been very hard to deal with because I'm very active and love to play softball so this season was a bust. My question is if the cam walker is not working with healing my tendon what's next. Also is it possible to go back to playing sports.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: Tired of PTTD

Have they talked about surgery to fix the tendon? Do you have flat feet? It seems like you have been in the boot for a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

taz1211 HB User
Re: Tired of PTTD

Yes I have flat feet and he has said I might need surgery but I'm trying anything else. We have not talked in depth what surgery would entail. I just want to get better to get back to my old self.

Closed Thread