It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Why did it take 30 years to be diagnosed with flat feet?

I recently had a mystery sprain in my ankle where I don't remember injuring it but it swelled up really big and was sore. It's 5 weeks later and still swollen (not as badly). I went to my doctor for a check-up and then she asked me if I have flat feet. So I said I didn't know but I'd been suspecting it lately. So she looked at my feet and said, "Yup, your feet are flat." So she's sending me to a podiatrist. Anyway, I've had problems with my knees since I was a kid, my knees are angled in towards each other, I've always gotten shin splints when I walk a lot, and I've had on-and-off lower back pain for a number of years.And now a phantom sprained ankle. So why did it take until I'm 30 years old for a doctor to check my feet? She's a new doctor (or new to me). Her father used to be my doctor until he retired and she inherited his patients. She's been very thorough so far, which I'm happy about. I just think it's weird that all of the doctors I've had, especially my pediatrician when I was having knee problems as a kid, never checked my feet. Anyone else ever gone through this?
Also, my dad has flat feet (which got him out of having to got to the Vietnam war when he was drafted. Hehe). Is it hereditary?

Closed Thread