It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
(male)

rayeatts HB User
Broken Toe from months ago is healed but won't bend

Hello to everyone in the forum,

My problem is that on March 10, 2012 I slipped running up the steps and stubbed my left big toe and broke it. It was a break that ran up into the middle joint. It took about 12 weeks to heal good enough to be able to walk on it but now it is July 10th and it still won't bend fully. That means it has been 4 months and it will only bend about 25% of the range that my other toe bends. I can walk on it fine but when I jog on it, it will be quite sore later that night and the next day. My concern is that it has been bending about this much for 2 months now and I haven't noticed any additional progress since then. I'm wondering if it is always going to be limited as to how much it will bend or will it begin to bend normally many months from now or even possibly a year from now? When I try to bend it without using my hands, just using the muscle, it starts to shake a little bit at the end of it's motion. I feel a tightening of something on top of my toe right in the joint. Anybody have any experiences with a broken big toe and a recovery process? I appreciate all the input you guys can offer because I currently don't have health insurance and I can't visit a doctor. Thanks.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
(female)

BubbleGuppy HB UserBubbleGuppy HB User
Re: Broken Toe from months ago is healed but won't bend

Sounds like me, kinda. I basically busted my ankle on March 29th and it's still janked.

But, a few years ago, I busted my "ring" toe. Aka the toe 4th from the inside... It's still bent a little and is still stiff, but it bends...

By it being "paralyzed" do you mean that it is literally STUCK meaning you can't manually bend it at all, or you just can't bend it using only the muscles/tendons in your foot?

Have you tried any kind of PT for it? I'm unsure if they even do toe PT... Worth a shot?

PS: Welcome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You may have a spur there that is keeping it from bending. The only way to know what's going on is to have it x rayed.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
(male)

dexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB User

"The only way to know what's going on is to have it x rayed. "

That's what I would do, but with the break running into the joint, there is a possibility that it's calcified(healed) in the joint and could be "frozen".

Closed Thread