It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
(female)

Sari001 HB User
Exclamation DeNovo Bone Graft???

Hello. I just received DeNovo bone graft surgery on my 1st MTP joint (big toe joint). I had signs of AVN following a bunion surgery in November 2010 and that's why I needed the DeNovo. My doctor who did the bunion surgery (in 2010) said that he has never seen a patient with AVN following bunion surgery....and a fusion would be my only option! As a 25 year old runner, that was not an option.
Thankfully I got in touch with a "top notch" surgeon who is a "pioneer" in his field and has had good results with the DeNovo surgery. However, he most commonly does the surgery in the ankle (talus). The surgeon also took bone marrow from my iliac crest
I am 4 weeks post-op and I am feeling great! My ROM is improving everyday and I no longer feel "cracking" in my joint.

Has anyone ever had DeNovo? If so, what was your recovery like? Were you able to get back to full activities?

I am 25 years old and I am a runner. I live a very active lifestyle and I want nothing more than to be able to continue running (in about a year) and get on with a pain-free, active life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
(male)

LivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB User
Re: DeNovo Bone Graft???

There are several people in this section who got DeNovo on the talus, and if you check the knee section you'll probably find some who got DeNovo in the knee. I haven't heard of someone getting DeNovo in the toe joint, but I haven't paid close attention. Maybe you are also a pioneer in the world of DeNovo!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
(female)

Sari001 HB User
Re: DeNovo Bone Graft???

Thanks for the info! Yes, I do believe I am on of the first to have this operation in the toe....hopefully all goes well!!! So far so good!

Closed Thread