It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
(female)

Chipper92 HB User
pain post op

Hi all, I've had a total of 6 foot surgeries through the years, but my latest has left me in a great deal of pain. I'd like to know if any of you have experienced this and what you did to get by.

8 weeks ago I had a 1.5 cm Morton's Neuroma removed and also had the bone for my 3rd toe shortened. No wires or screws involved in this surgery. The cut bone was simply stacked on top of each other and has healed back together. But, I am still having significant pain. Doc said at this point I have no restrictions, but if I walk a .5 mile I suffer dearly that evening. I have a large bump of scar tissue that I massage a couple times each day. And my shoe for that foot is still very tight. I bought a pair of Teva walking sandles to give my foot some room to swell during the day, but they are just too painful to wear.

Please, anyone who has had this type of surgery can you tell me if you were still in a lot of pain at 8 weeks post op?

Thank you all, I refer to this board often for ideas, advise, and support.

Best!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: pain post op

Are both sites giving you pain or just one? I can't figure that out from your post. Thx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
(female)

Chipper92 HB User

Hi, I can't tell, she removed the neuroma and cut the bone through the same incision. But, it also underneath my foot, directly below the incision

Old 07-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I had a neuroma removed but it was done from the top so I don't think I can address this. I'd go back to see the doctor.

Closed Thread