It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

scarma1 HB User
Lapidus Procedure 6 weeks ago

Hi. I had a Lapidus procedure done on my right foot six weeks ago. The bone wasn't even attached to the joint, so he secured it with a metal plate and six screws at which point the bone lined up perfectly with my big toe and no bone had to be shaved off. I've been non-weight bearing until this past Monday. My dr told me that I could begin putting weight on my foot as my body would allow. He said I had to de-sensitize the foot. He also said I could use the boot or a regular shoe -- whichever one felt the best. I started off in the boot, but moved to a sandal yesterday as my ankle seemed to be getting more stiff wearing the boot. I've also been using one crutch, but I've noticed that I'm walking more on the inside of my foot when I use it. My question is how long does it take for the pain in my ankle and back of my ankle to ease up? It feels extremely stiff and hurts more than anything else in my foot. I've been exercising my foot by moving it back and forth and side to side. I have found that swimming in the pool seems to help. I was also on my foot about 2 1/2 hours last night and the swelling was horrible! How long does it take to start walking normally? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I just don't know what's normal and what's not!

Old 07-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

ldv5710 HB User
Re: Lapidus Procedure 6 weeks ago

I was kind of looking for same kind of feedback..how long does this take? I think we don't get replies because it is so individual and from what I gather, a looong time until normalcy. I know it will be worth it in the end though. As someone wrote, let the pain guide you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

scarma1 HB User
Re: Lapidus Procedure 6 weeks ago

That's what I'm gathering too! This has definitely been much more involved than I realized. I just keep hoping and praying that it will be worth it in the end - whenever that is!

Closed Thread