It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

afroo HB User
Unhappy hairline fracture in the foot

hi everyone,
2months ago i injured my foot and it was swollen and when i went to the doctor he diagnoesd me with a hairline freacture and recomended to wear a cast but at that time i was having my college practical exams so i refused to get cast , and now after 2 monthas of no treatment i can move my foot normaly but still sometime i have some mild pain , so shaould i now go back to the doctor , and will i neeed to do a cast eventhough that i dont have swelling and can move it almost normally????

Old 07-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: hairline fracture in the foot

Hi! Welcome to the Boards! Sorry you need them, but glad you found them. I would definitely go back to the doctor and get your foot reexamined. I don't know if they will cast you or not. Depends on if the fracture ever healed and what the doctor thinks is best if it didn't. A lot of times for hairline fractures (depending on where they are), they doctor will use a boot instead of a cast. Hopefully it has healed, but if you never went through with treatment and you're having continued pain, it may not have healed. Where in your foot did they say the hairline fracture was? Where I your pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroo View Post
the doctor he diagnoesd me with a hairline freacture and recomended to wear a cast but at that time i was having my college practical exams so i refused to get cast ,
I knew a guy who was having heart problems, but refused to go to the doctor. He is dead now.

I would consult a doctor, not the internet, and I would listen to them.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Maybe the fracture healed enough that you don't need a cast anymore. Maybe the doctor can recommend another treatment to help it heal completely. But if something hasn't healed properly, it's better to know now.

I'd go back and see what the doctor says.

Closed Thread