It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #136
(male)

PA_bud HB User
re: My PTTD Surgery is Scheduled

Hey Erin....Best of luck.

I see U still have the ever popular post op splint. How long until U get your cast?

Jeff

The following user gives a hug of support to PA_bud:
cinder (11-12-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to PA_bud For This Useful Post:
erin4 (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 AM   #137
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User

HI PA Bud, so sorry to hear about your long struggle. I hope in the near future you will be getting your life back. Please keep in touch we are all here to support you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #138
(male)

PA_bud HB User

Thanks a lot Cinder....it really means a lot.

My first upcoming procedure will be a gastric bypass in January. my weight loss will definitely give my foot the best chance of a functional recovery.

Unfortunately my bedside nursing career is over, and so the job searcg begins.

Jeff

Old 11-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #139
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Hi all I'm doing good. Still have a little pain and swelling, i also have white circles on 3 of my toes i called the dr and will look at it on Wednesday. Im in my splint for 6-8 weeks. The dr did in surgery is took the extra bone out and put a wedge in and lengthened the calf muscle and found a spur in my heel and he shaved that down. I think that is all he did. Im doing a lot better on my crutches now. Oh and im ready to take a shower i hope I'll take one today.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #140
(male)

PA_bud HB User

That's freaking AWESOME!!!

I'm so happy to hear that. Wishing you the best. Leep both crutches firmly planted on the ground...Take it from me!!!

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin4 View Post
Hi all I'm doing good. Still have a little pain and swelling, i also have white circles on 3 of my toes i called the dr and will look at it on Wednesday. Im in my splint for 6-8 weeks. The dr did in surgery is took the extra bone out and put a wedge in and lengthened the calf muscle and found a spur in my heel and he shaved that down. I think that is all he did. Im doing a lot better on my crutches now. Oh and im ready to take a shower i hope I'll take one today.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #141
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Good hearing from you Erin! What do you mean by white circles?
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 11-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #142
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKanner View Post
Good hearing from you Erin! What do you mean by white circles?
The white circles are on my toes and on the knuckle part of the toes.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #143
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Strange...I never had anything like that. I'm sure all is fine. Might be from swelling.
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #144
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKanner View Post
Strange...I never had anything like that. I'm sure all is fine. Might be from swelling.
Yeah thats what im thinking too.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #145
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Cinder, I'm well, thanks. Just getting a little stir crazy. I'm ready to go! Dr. appt. next Monday.

Erin, are you sure about the splint for 6-8 weeks? Won't they be moving you into a cast or boot after a couple of weeks? That thing is gonna get a little grungy after a while.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #146
(female)

Ginger,
They are going to change it Wednesday and then next week as well. Ill get more info on Wednesday.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #147
(female)

Hi Erin,

I hope you get that shower today. You will feel like a new person. Keep up the good healing and let us know how you make out with the doctor. Will you then get a cast after 6 - 8 weeks with the splint?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #148
(female)

Good luck with the gastric bypass. Please check in here too after that so we can hear how you are doing. Wow you will be awesome with your new feet and look. Just keep up your spirits because there is definitely good days ahead. I wish you luck on the job search and hopefully a new career that is more promising and better for you. You will do just fine I know it. A new chapter in your life is coming and it will be wonderful. Just keep smiling and thinking positive and we are here for you.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #149
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinder View Post
Hi Erin,

I hope you get that shower today. You will feel like a new person. Keep up the good healing and let us know how you make out with the doctor. Will you then get a cast after 6 - 8 weeks with the splint?
Yes I did get that shower today and it felt good. Now we have no power today they said it will. Be out for 8 hrs the fuse busted there 800 people without power. Well I'm going to sit outside to be some fresh air.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #150
(female)

I had over done it yesterday my whole leg swelled so bad that my foot lifted up out of the cast. It hurt so bad so today has been a rest day. I've been moving my pill up every 15 to 30 minutes so ready to be done with the pain pill.
Oh so yesterday I wanted to go outside and well it didn't work out I slipped and my bad foot went down ouch! So just say I didn't go outside to sit.
Tomorrow is my doctor appointment.

Closed Thread