It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User
re: My PTTD Surgery is Scheduled

Good for you. I will put it on the calendar so I can go through your journey with you and we can heal together about a month apart and compare. That would make the time go by for us hopefully. I remembered you were going to the doctor on the 20th so I guess he agreed that it needed to be done. Did he say if you will spend the night in the hospital?

Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #32
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hey Cinder,
I'm still waiting too hear about hospital time. It seems to be an insurance vs. reality issue. All the procedures are technically "outpatient". Starting to make plans and prep around the house though. Getting nervous and excited at the same time. I can't remember what it what was like to walk without a significant limp! How are you doing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #33
(female)

It is such a big decision, but in the long run we will both be able to walk so much better after the recovery period. I did go into school today to set some things up and I came home in such pain. I hope I can do two more months. I was considering pushing the surgery back once again, but after today I do not think it would be a wise decision. Please keep me informed when things are finalized. My doctor did tell me I will have to spend the night in the hospital. I am not looking forward to that. I too have started to do things around the house and pick up bulk items. It's like "nesting" isn't it? Hang in ther too.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #34
(female)

Hi Ginger62,

Just checking in to see how you are doing and if everything is still all set. Going back to work has been very difficult and now I realize that I made the right decision. I am still set for November 2nd. Keep in touch.

The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:
ginger62 (09-18-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hey Cinder, good to hear from you! my surgery got pushed up to 9/25, so now I'm racing around like a madwoman trying to get everything ready. I manage a fairly busy store here at the beach and we are still in the shoulder season, but I have great assistants so they'll handle it. I have to learn to let go and focus on getting through this surgery!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:48 AM   #36
(female)

OH MY GOODNESS! Lots of luck and when you feel up to it, give me some updates. I will be thinking about you and sending you quick healing thoughts. I'm sure your assistants will be great and now it's time to take care of "YOU." So get well and I look forward to hearing from you when you can.

The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:
ginger62 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #37
Senior Veteran
(female)

Cinder,
Thank you so much for the good thoughts. We are leaving tomorrow morning. Are you still scheduled for Nov. 2nd?

Old 09-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #38
(female)

Good Luck - yes I am still scheduled for November 2nd. We can recover together! I will just be a little behind you. I will be sending healing thoughts and good wishes to you all day. Take care of yourself.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #39
(female)

Hi Ginger,

Just checking in. I have been thinking about you and hope everything went well. When you are up to it, let me know how you are doing? Rest up and take care of yourself.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Cinder, I'm doing alright. Got home late this afternoon and think I overdid it a little. Looking forward to some good rest tonight. I'm glad to have this part behind me. It hurts some (okay, I won't lie...today has been pretty bad since the block wore off). Just trying to keep ahead of it.
My surgeon was great as was everyone at the hospital. I went back to the hotel for the night and we drove back today. It wasn't as bad as I thought! I will keep you posted.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #41
(female)

Hi Ginger,

I am so happy to hear from you and that you are coming along. How are you feeling today? I bet you are so happy that it is over. Please keep me updated when you can. Hope you have some great books and magazines on hand and let others take care of you. It is now your time to recover. Keep in touch.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #42
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good morning Cinder, it's Saturday, my 3rd full day home. This surgery is pretty rough for the first couple of days. After that it's a matter of resting (even when you don't think you need to). Taking pain Meds in a timely fashion (even when you don't think you need to). Asking for help from others (even when you hate to or know you can do it yourself). Your body needs the down time to recover and those around you are happy to lend a hand, there's not much else they can do cuz they can't take the pain away and they can't make time go by any faster.
I came home to a house that had been cleaned from top to bottom, a ramp installed off my front steps, lots of flowers and a freezer full of food. People love the feeling of helping those they love, so, haha...you are doing them a favor by being gracious and accepting their generosity.
I didn't sleep well last night and had lots of time to think...can you tell?
Bottom line...the first couple of days really stink and after that you need to pray for patience. You're only a month away, believe me the time will fly by so use it wisely.
xo
Ginger

Last edited by ginger62; 09-29-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Old 09-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #43
(female)

Hi Ginger, It was so good to hear from you and get your experiences. It's good to know what to expect. It is so nice to have wonderful people to help out and lend a hand. My husband is trying to rearrange his work to help as much as he can and my cousin will be coming in to help along with co-workers and friends. Like you said, that in itself is comforting and healing. Please keep in touch and rest. I am tired now and I think it is just struggling through the pain each day exhausts me. Someone in the hall the other day said to me, "you are all over this building." So I think that contributed to 20 years on my feet there to my problem (overuse) and I can feel myself so tired. Take care of yourself.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #44
(female)

Hi Ginger,

I have been thinking about you and hope you are doing good with the recovery process. Please keep me updated when you can.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #45
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Cinder! I think I'm doing really well, let's hope the Dr. thinks that way too on Monday.
Aside from the first couple of days (which hurt a lot, not gonna lie) it's been pretty smooth. The majority of the problems I had are ones I caused myself. I fell off the scooter twice in the first week. Let me know if you are getting one so I can give you some tips. I wasn't blessed with an abundance of common sense (although I have a whiz bang memory...ask me any kind of Partridge Family trivia), so little things like using the hand brakes to slow down? Those take me a little while. I was dragging my toes like a 3 yr old on a tricycle.
It's been 2 weeks already, so I only have to do that 3 more times til PWB!
Are you getting ready? The time will go by more quickly as your date gets closer. I'm really glad I had this done. Hopefully you will be too!
Ginger

Last edited by ginger62; 10-06-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Closed Thread