It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #46
(female)

cinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB Usercinder HB User
re: My PTTD Surgery is Scheduled

Hi Ginger, I am so happy that you are doing well. Sorry for falling off the scooter. I already picked up my scooter so please any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated. I have been riding it around my basement to get used to it, but I know it will be totally different once I have the cast on. I am happy to hear that you had it done. I hope I feel the same way. Trying to do some Christmas shopping and my twins birthday is November 4th and want to get them some things too. Please keep in touch and I will check in tomorrow to see how that doctor's appointment went.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #47
(female)

Mimi4015 HB User

Why not have the surgery earlier? I did not know it was an option until I was 48. Not only was I working ,caring for my two sons and husband but I was also responsible for my widowed Mother who died in 2011. Also the reports I read about the earlier surgeries were not positive and I did not want to be worse off than before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #48
(female)

Mimi4015 HB User

Ginger, I am 64 and schedule for pttd surgery, ankle fusion and caneal osteotomy on Wed. Iam looking forward to a quick recovery so I can have the other leg done before January.

The following user gives a hug of support to Mimi4015:
ginger62 (10-07-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #49
(female)

I am wishing you luck with your surgery and hope things go well. Keep us informed. We are here for you.

Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #50
(female)

Mimi4015 HB User

Thanks Cinder, I am hopeful, frustrated, scared but knowing I am out of options, I will proceed.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
(female)

Yes I too am out of options and each day is a struggle. I have a few more weeks. Stay strong and keep in touch.

The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:
Mimi4015 (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #52
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hi Mimi, I saw your posts a few months ago over on the Ortho board I think. That's great that you got it scheduled so soon. Get it over and done with. This way you'll know what to expect with the next one. Don't worry too much (I know, easy to say), just get done as much as you can, everything else will work out. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you're doing
Ginger

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
Mimi4015 (10-08-2012)
Old 10-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #53
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Good luck Mimi! I had ankle fusion back in April. Best wishes for your speedy recovery!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #54
(female)

Hi Ginger

Just checking in to see how your appointment went today. Hope you received good news and that you are on your way.

The following user gives a hug of support to cinder:
Troly59 (12-28-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #55
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Cinder- I am Erin I saw that your going to be having surgery on Nov 2nd.
I am having mine on November 9th. Maybe we can be in this together and discuss what we are going through. I am in a nervous wreck about this surgery, and scared. I wrote a post about what I am having done as well. I'm ready to get it done and over with.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #56
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hey Cinder, everything went fine. Seeing the incisions kind of threw me though, I don't know why. But I'll get up with y'all tomorrow. Have a good night.
Ginger

Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #57
(female)

Hi Ginger, I am glad that you are healing good. Hope you got a good night's sleep. I know that after having surgery your body needs to heal and sleep really helps it along. Keep us updated.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #58
(female)

Hi Erin, that would be great and you know just being in touch makes me feel that I am not alone and others are with me. Yes, we can definitely keep in touch and track our progress. I am very nervous too, not only about the surgery but missing so much work. But work is getting more and more difficult. As I walk the halls, everyone is passing me because I am so slow from the pain. I know now that it is the right thing to do. Stay strong too.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #59
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinder View Post
Hi Erin, that would be great and you know just being in touch makes me feel that I am not alone and others are with me. Yes, we can definitely keep in touch and track our progress. I am very nervous too, not only about the surgery but missing so much work. But work is getting more and more difficult. As I walk the halls, everyone is passing me because I am so slow from the pain. I know now that it is the right thing to do. Stay strong too.
Thank you and you do the same. I so so scared of this surgery. Good thing about work is that I work from home so that is a plus for me.
Next week is my pre-op at the hospital they said i'll be there for 2 hrs idk what kind of things they will be doing but they said to plan on staying for 2 hrs.
I will deff. keep ya posted. I am glad I finally have somsone that is going the same month has me for surgery. Keep me posted please.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
(female)

Wow 2 hours. I have to just go to my primary as far as I know and stop aspirin products 10 days before. Let me know how that goes. Probably won't be there that long, but they want you to plan for that. Will you be staying overnight? I have to stay one night. It is scary and my doctor has no personality, which makes it a little difficult, but at least he is good. We will definitely stay in touch.

Closed Thread