It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
(female)

pclare HB Userpclare HB Userpclare HB Userpclare HB Userpclare HB User
Socks for walking cam boots

One thing I can never have enough of are these knee socks that come with the boots. Even though most boots came with a sock, I still go through the five or six that I have too quickly, and because I can't get to my washing machine right now, my only option was to keep washing them by hand (and hang them over my kitchen sink to dry!) or buy more.

I ordered a few online, but they were very expensive, so I wanted to share a discovery that I made the other day at WalMart, of all places. I find that regular knee socks are generally too tight, too itchy, don't stay up, or don't breathe under a boot, so I was searching all over the store for other options (thanks to my knee scooter!).

For some reason, in the underwear section I found "Dr. Scholl's for Her Diabetes & Circulatory Health Socks." They're soft, white, antimicrobial knee socks that breathe. The foot part is like a regular sock, but the leg part is more of an open netting-type of weave. If you look for them, make sure you get the knee sock version, because they also come in shorter styles.

The best part is that a package of four socks was around $8, so that's $2 per sock, compared to $10 per sock for the "real" ones I ordered through Amazon. I do not see these on Amazon, and for some reason, as I said, they were in the women's underwear department of my local WM, even though the ankle versions were in the health/pharmacy section. Very comfy!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pclare For This Useful Post:
Rbauer (08-22-2012), twohands (09-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
(female)

suebob30 HB Usersuebob30 HB User
Re: Socks for walking cam boots

Thanks for the tip..I'm sure i'll be looking for those soon since i'll be wearing my boot for a while. Good looking out for the rest of us pclare.

Closed Thread