It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
(male)

pilko HB User
Question Beating Synovitis

I'm a little under 4 months post op from an ankle arthroscopy.

Had a bone fragment debrided, synovitis removed and slowely recovered from a lateral process of the talus fracture.

After being misdiagnosed I changed surgeons and underwent surgery.

My recovery from surgery has be long, slow and painful.

After surgery I've had two coritzone injections, a month apart. I've been on heavy pain killers for about 5 months now and in the past week I'm finally largely pain free. I'm still a little sore but I would deem it to be more soreness than pain.

I met with my surgeon today which we believe will be the last time.

Due to the amount of time it took to get treatment I've been very slow to recover, although my surgeon says it isn't UN-expected.

Mentally I'm struggling a bit right now as I'm used to my brain constantly getting pain signals (as you do when you live with chronic pain) but all of a sudden they are not there (which is just awesome)

It would appear that most of my pain post surgery has been the re-formation of scar tissue and synovitis.

I continue to take oral anti in-inflammatory medication and my surgeon's parting comment is if the pain in the ankle flairs up I'm to have another coritzone injection.

My last injection was in the subtalar joint / sinus tarsi I was warned this would be painful and they wern't wrong.

Mentally I have struggled over these past few months as the delay of a correct diagnose and chronic pain made life unbearable.

I'm so happy to be pain free right now, but I'm concerned that the benefit of coritzone will be short lived and the synovitis will return.

I have seen a number of comments posted where people have had surgery to have it "flushed out" (that was part of my surgery)

So my question is what has been other peoples experiences?

I have been doing a lot of re-hab and while I'm fighting to re-gain my fitness I'm a concerned that I may aggravate the injury.

While I'm fully aware there are always going to be setbacks it would be nice to minimize them and avoid future surgery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread