It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

suebob30 HB Usersuebob30 HB User
4 weeks post op oats :)

Its been 4 weeks since my surgery. Went to the doctor today and he said i can start ditching the crutches slowly! He said he is thrilled with my progress and couldn't have asked for a better outcome! My pain has been gone for over a week now and i can pull back my toes to a 90 degree angle and extend almost fully! I'm so excited everything seems to be looking up! Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers!

The following user gives a hug of support to suebob30:
Tlrgrills (09-10-2012)
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User
Re: 4 weeks post op oats :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suebob30 View Post
its been 4 weeks since my surgery. Went to the doctor today and he said i can start ditching the crutches slowly! He said he is thrilled with my progress and couldn't have asked for a better outcome! My pain has been gone for over a week now and i can pull back my toes to a 90 degree angle and extend almost fully! I'm so excited everything seems to be looking up! Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers!
awesome

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #3
(female)

thanks paula..Since my appointment yesterday I have stood at the sink with both feet down like the doctor suggested and it went well, no pain. So I tried to take a step without my crutches but my boyfriend standing with me. It was frustrating because that leg didn't want to work. So, I have been Walking around the house with a little weight on that ankle but most of my weight on the crutches still. I am getting around faster and my upper body doesn't hurt when I wake up from all the crutching.

Another positive note..I slept better last night than I have in 4 weeks because I didn't have to have the boot on. I have to wear the boot when I'm up and mobile but can sleep without it. Oh my how wonderful that felt.

I did everything the doctor told me to do post op and it looks to be paying off. So please know there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Old 09-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

That's fantastic!!! Awesome! Keep going in the right direction! Take it slow and don't push it!

Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

Quote:
thanks paula..Since my appointment yesterday I have stood at the sink with both feet down like the doctor suggested and it went well, no pain. So I tried to take a step without my crutches but my boyfriend standing with me. It was frustrating because that leg didn't want to work. So, I have been Walking around the house with a little weight on that ankle but most of my weight on the crutches still. I am getting around faster and my upper body doesn't hurt when I wake up from all the crutching.

Another positive note..I slept better last night than I have in 4 weeks because I didn't have to have the boot on. I have to wear the boot when I'm up and mobile but can sleep without it. Oh my how wonderful that felt.

I did everything the doctor told me to do post op and it looks to be paying off. So please know there is light at the end of the tunnel!
It does pay off to follow drs orders! You sound like you are on your way! I cant say I am not a tiny bit jealous that my recovery is so much longer than yours but I had a lot of surgery. I am have 9 more days inthis cast then I go into the boot but still non weight bearing I also still have my stitches , gross. I have to go to pt after I am weight bearing but I dont know when that is. My dr said about 4 months out of work. That brings me to yhe end of Dec. Keeep up yhe great work and overcome that mental thing that wont let you put your foot down. Funny how our brain works isn't it?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
(male)

LivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB User

SueBob, great news!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
(female)

Thanks everyone. I am still walking with the crutches so I'm only PWB, but I'm ok with that. I have managed a few steps without the crutches but my foot feels funny when I do. I get this warm/tingling feeling when I take steps without the crutches. The ankle itself does not hurt at all when I put weight on it. I guess I am asking if this is normal? I've never gone any length of time NWB so I don't know how my foot should feel. Anyone have this issue?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #8
(female)

Tlrgrills HB UserTlrgrills HB UserTlrgrills HB User

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I am still walking with the crutches so I'm only PWB, but I'm ok with that. I have managed a few steps without the crutches but my foot feels funny when I do. I get this warm/tingling feeling when I take steps without the crutches. The ankle itself does not hurt at all when I put weight on it. I guess I am asking if this is normal? I've never gone any length of time NWB so I don't know how my foot should feel. Anyone have this issue?
I'm guessing that each person is different!!! It sounds like you are making great progress!!

Closed Thread