It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #31
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
Re: wish me luck

The sock monkey is too funny! I can't sew if my life depended on it. When we learned in home economics class my teacher would grade my project then fix it herself so I could keep it after the fact. I'm up making brownies. Some friends of mine are having a campfire and cornhole tonight at the campground. Will have to see how cornhole goes on my scooter haha. I'm surely not going to be left out of the fun. We are going to have the Buckeyes game on too so I am making brownies with the Ohio State "O" on them. I'm not a hard core fan but they are so I figured I'd make them fun. My boyfriend likes baking so he is going to make a pumpkin roll. I hate cooking and baking so more power to him Hope everyone has a great weekend!
~Kimberly

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
Ditsy1 (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
(female)

jroseliver HB User

those brownies sound good hey thats a hobby in itself I just made of the apples that were getting a little wrinkled i pealed them put them in a pan with butter brown sugar cinnamon raisins and cooked that up my kids are here for the weekend and after cooking this in the oven i covered it in whip cream we are getting rain for the first time in forever I am down in North Texas I wish I could have a bite of the pumpkin roll that sounds great lucky you for having a boyfriend that bakes too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

[QUOTE=prico54;5059081]On my way to see the surgeon now. Getting my cast cut off and stitches removed. Nervous about anyone touching my foot at all. When they put this cast on it hurt just to have the air touch it! Oh well its not like I can stay in this thing forever,[/QUOTE]

Hey Paula,
I'm going to get my stitches out Monday. It made me think of this post and I wondered how you were doing. You are going to PWB soon (if not already), right? Is it going well?
Ginger

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #34
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

Hi Ginger, nice to hear from you. I have been very down this last week or so. Feeking like time is dragging by and I feel useless. I did make an appt for a manicure tomorrow that will lift my spirits some. I have my appt on tues with mysurgeon. I will ne pwb by then at least I hope so. I have been spending more time out of the boot when I am just hanging around ( not walking etc) i hope your appt monday goes well. I just recently noticed how grossly shriveled and skinny my calf is. It looks awful. I hope to start pt soon that will definitely help. My foot still feels really strange. Like the tendon is pulling and the other side where the oseotomy was done is numbish. Maybe the dr will wxplain that to me. Hope monday is ok foryou. Doyou knowhow many stitches you have? Mine were left in for 4wks that is why it was so painful. I think you will be fine. Do you go into the booton monday? Oh boy!

Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #35
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Hi Paula! I stayed up late hoping to hear from you! I have absolutely no experience with this stuff, so feel free to tell me to put a sock in it, but I think once you get up and start PWB it will lift your spirits. My calf is already shriveled and gross after 2 years in an Arizona brace, it will just take time to build back up.
I will be happy to get into the boot. Although from what y'all have said it's heavier than the splint, but it will be nice to take it off once in a while.
I have no idea how many stitches I have. There are 3 incisions and the Dr. Was able to fix my heel with a plate only, no screws. That's good because I had no fat pad left there. I am going to take pictures when they get this splint off that's for sure!
Please start posting again if you can. I always like your stories about your granddaughter and your pup. Plus it lets me know what to expect coming up. Feel better! You'll have a new adventure starting next week!
Big hugs!
Ginger

Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #36
(female)

Ditsy1 HB UserDitsy1 HB UserDitsy1 HB UserDitsy1 HB UserDitsy1 HB User

Hi Paula -- Saw that you've been feeling down lately -- just wanted to say hi and tell you that I can sympathize. This is truly an emotional and physical roller coaster. But you know what? Even though you may feel like you are not making progress, in fact, your foot continues to heal every day. And soon you will begin to adjust to PWB and see how strong your foot really has become, thanks to your surgeon's skill and this frustrating down time. My surgery was a bit before yours and I had some different procedures, but it is true that every day gets a little bit better. I began PT last Wednesday. I felt pretty disappointed that night, in part because I somehow assumed that I would be walking out of there using my foot to walk, albeit with the crutches! But that was definitely not the case, and it seemed that the exercises they instructed me to do were so pointless and trivial. But they are not. Every day it becomes easier and a little less painful to do them. I am about 20% weight bearing with two crutches at this point. I do consider it progress but the concept of PWB and stairs is quite daunting. I still use the knee scooter while at work and I still have to keep my leg elevated because it swells otherwise. But please take comfort in the fact that you are not alone and you really are making progress, you just can't see it at this point. My foot is still very numb at the heal osteotomy site incisions, and it feels like a stone sometimes, and the irritation from the nerves underneath can drive me nuts. The PT says normal feeling will return but it takes a long time.

Ginger 62 - you have such a positive attitude! I can't imagine doing this surgery alone.

Best,

Dits

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ditsy1 For This Useful Post:
ginger62 (10-06-2012), prico54 (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #37
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

Ginger and denise , thank you guys I am just having a pity party for one. I feel better today and its true tues will be here soon. I am ready to go back to work. Atleast every part of me but my foot. I need to start a good project. I havent started on that sweater I have been wanting to knit. I think my grammar and my mental capacities are deteriorating along with me. I hope you guys have a great day. Paula

The following user gives a hug of support to prico54:
ginger62 (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #38
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am going to try to get outside (haven't since I got home) and enjoy our last nice summer day...still 85 degrees here. Going to be 60ish tomorrow.
Paula, everyone needs a pity party once in a while. Just don't forget that you're not alone. You posted back to me a couple of times that you would keep me in your prayers. I found great comfort in that. I hope you can do the same cuz I am clacking the beads for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger62 For This Useful Post:
prico54 (10-06-2012)
Old 10-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
(female)

I should practice what I preach. I do feel alot better today. I think it was a comination of things. There is some stuff going on at my work that I wish I could be there for. Not that they need me but I hate to miss anything either. You know the world goes on with or without yo! I got mynails done ( wish I could get my toes done too) maybe in about a month. Glad you are enjoying the weather today. It was really nice here until a few minutes ago now a storm is coming. It was almost 80 and it is going to be in the 50s tomorrow. Hate the cold weather. My dog is going to the vet on monday to have his teeth cleaned lol. They have to put him out for the procedure. His breath smells so bad I couldnt take it anymore. He loves to kiss me but ewwww! He went for his pre op blood work on tuesday. I really hope this does work. He might have a dental abscess which could cause the bad breath but we wont know until they go in and have a look. Thank you ginger for dragging me kicking and screaming out of my doldrums. And my prayers are still there with you too friend!

Old 10-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #40
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glad you're feeling better friend.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #41
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hang in three Paula! I can agree with everyone that there are days that get so frustrating. Days you just wanna get up and walk to the bathroom rather than crutch or scoot.

I spent the day out with my boyfriend and his daughter. I had a great time but 12 hours was too long! My toes look like Vienna sausages and the cast is tight. Knees are killing me from the scooter but it was all worth it.

I do get tired of being looked at like a freak show on the scooter. Haha. People generally are very curtious and always offering to help.

I am using my bone growth stimulator as I type. We were gone leaving me not able to use it earlier. Just as long as it gets done is all that matters.

Keep your head up and make the best of your situation.

Later taters!
~Kimberly

The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
prico54 (10-07-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #42
(female)

Ginger, i didnt know which thread to post this on so I hope you see this. Is today your appt? I wanted you to know I am thinking of you today. Tomorrow is my appt. I had my little grandaughter over to visit me last night, she is my dolly. I got up early today and took smelly breath doggy to the vet for his dental cleaning. I honestly have been worried becase they had to knock him out and he has a very sensitive stomach. I worry about the anesthesia. It is after 11am and no one has called so he is ok Im sure. I have to wait ubtil 2pm to call and check up on him. My daughter is coming over to clean for me today. Thank God! These men I live with are not housekeepers. I wish I had better trained my sons when they were little how to clean a house. Oh well. Too bad the three girls are gone and the two boys stayed. It would be better the other way. I know my youngest son is looking to move out soon. He just got hired full time at his part time job so now he needs to find a roomate. There is no way in this country that someone earning 10 bucks an hour canhave their own place., at least not around here. It cost $800 a month or more just for rent, never mind heat electric etc. Makes it hard to start out without a college degree and a masters or phd even! Have a great day friend! Paula

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #43
Senior Veteran
(female)

At the doctor right now! Just got the post op dressing off. Looks pretty good. Stitches were dissolvable so that was a piece of cake.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #44
(female)

Re: wish eme luck

Post us later and let us know whar dr said. I have to go with my son to pick up our dog. I called to see how he was doing and they said he had 11teeth extracted!,, this will be fun taking care of him. He has to have pain medicine. He will be stoned. Good thing my son can carry him. I dont want to know how much this will cost!

Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #45
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: wish eme luck

Hope your dopey pooch is okay and you're not filing bankruptcy when you leave the vet!

Closed Thread