It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 07:42 PM   #61
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User
Re: wish me luck

Are you going back to work full time? Or could you start part time and work your way into full time.
Could you see the pockets of fluid or does it take as trained eye? I won't be going myself for 2 months but I like to be prepared.
I bet it felt good to take that first step toward rejoining the world!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #62
Senior Veteran
(female)

ginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB Userginger62 HB User

Yay for bone growth, Kimberly! Slow and steady wins the race! Any word on the job front?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Well I didn't get the one I interviewed for. Kind of glad honestly. I wasn't sure how I was going to manage carrying stuff for filing and such as they had stairs and I couldn't take my knee walker. I think he is going to send me for another CT Scan after my next appointment. That's the only way he can get a really good look at the bone growth. Thank you for the encouragement!
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
xerx790 (10-16-2012)
Old 10-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #64
Senior Veteran
(female)

A blessing in disguise. The right one will come along at the right time.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #65
Inactive
(female)

xerx790 HB Userxerx790 HB Userxerx790 HB Userxerx790 HB Userxerx790 HB User

Prico54,
Sorry that your PT session was not all positive. I wonder if the swelling is somewhat normal or unusual at this point?? My swelling comes and go. I do ice it at least once a day, usually after my shower, when it swells on the top. I also still have swelling around my ankle. I was also told 3 appointments ago to touch it and rub it to desensitize it and that having sensitive areas was normal. I find it is easier to touch my foot when it has a soft fluffy sock on it or I also wrap it in a heating pad and touch it on the outside of the pad. I loosen the foot and ankle up, but it seems to stiffen up when I wear the boot for a long time. It also still turns purple and blue at times usually right after my shower when I am holding it real still. My PT said it will take a while to get the blood circulating normally. I cannot imagine going back to work so soon. Did your surgeon that you that 3 weeks from now you could go back? Of course maybe in 3 weeks your swelling will be a lot better.

I had to quit my full time job because my feet and ankles were swelled daily after work even though I did computer work. ( I worked in a high security underground mine and had to walk miles each day) The surgeon said now was the time to get the surgery and that I would have to be off of work for at least 6 months per foot, and they would not pay disability that long, so my husband wanted told me to retire.

Today is my 4th day of PT.
Jodi

Old 10-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #66
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Scar massage helps more than you think it would. It gets super sensitive from all the nerve damage. I have two numb toes still that at first after surgery I couldn't stand anything to touch them. They've since gotten better.

My surgeon told me that swelling will be a normal part of life for at least a year. My compression stocking helped that greatly when I wasn't in a cast. Especially when I was out and about where I couldn't exactly keep my foot up.

Hang in there ladies!! Thank you for all your support you've been giving!

~Kimberly
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
xerx790 (10-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
xerx790 (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #67
(female)

prico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB Userprico54 HB User

Yes I am going back full time (32 hrs) . It should be ok. It will be almost three months out of work by then. If I can't do it so be it but I have to try. My Dr said he would clear me whenever I want so I chose that date. I think the therapist is being careful with me and that's ok too. Ginger yes I can see the fluid pocket. It is not that big but it is funny looking. I did massage it last night. I also did my exercises like a good girl.

Closed Thread