It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

buffy2002 HB User
surgery or not

I have been to a podiatrist who says she can fix my feet,but i also have mild ostopenia, and that worries me.I have bad bunions on both feet,the toe next to the big toe overlaps the big toe,the dr says the others are hammertoes,i really havent discussed with her what all the surgery would consist of yet,i had to get the bone density first to see if she could even do it,she wants another appt, I am debating wheather to go or let it go and live with it.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

danabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB Userdanabarb HB User
Re: surgery or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy2002 View Post
I have been to a podiatrist who says she can fix my feet,but i also have mild ostopenia, and that worries me.I have bad bunions on both feet,the toe next to the big toe overlaps the big toe,the dr says the others are hammertoes,i really havent discussed with her what all the surgery would consist of yet,i had to get the bone density first to see if she could even do it,she wants another appt, I am debating wheather to go or let it go and live with it.
There is NO reason a person has to have surgery for bunions and hammertoes. See if you can find a good kiniseologist and he can adjust those feet of yours. I speak from experience. If you do decide to have surgery, STAY CLEAR OF ANY PODIATRIST. They are not as well schooled as the ortho men. I had surgery years ago for feet just like yours and recently could see that one foot was beginning to get a hammer toe and the bunion was forming again. This is after both feet were taken care of-both had horrible bunions and hammer toes. I then was referred to someone for orthotics, which did nothing but atrophy the muscles in my legs. You have bunions and hammer toes because your muscles are weak. A good kiniseologist has made all the difference in the world for my feet. Had I known this years ago, I never would have let a dr. go near me. The foot where the bunion and hammer toe were returning, now looks GREAT and I now have nice arches, something I did not have for yeas due to weak muscles.

The Following User Says Thank You to danabarb For This Useful Post:
buffy2002 (09-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread