It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
(female)

Jay Birdie HB User
peroneal tendon surgery??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site but was wondering if anyone had any advice for my situation.... About 12 weeks ago I fell while rock climbing and broke my talus and tore my ATL. Surgery was not required and I was put in a hard cast for 4 weeks, NWB, then a walking boot for 5 weeks, WB. I started PT and continued for about a month. The talus and ATL healed wonderfully, but I am having intense pain behind/below my ankle bone. It's a stabbing, burning pain that prevents me from walking w/o a limp or doing any running, jumping, ect. It hurts the most while pushing my foot down toward the floor and out (eversion) The MRI showed swelling in the peroneal sheath, but no tear. Is it possible that there is a tear that isn't showing up? I have tried conservative treatment for 12 weeks now and am wondering if I should give it more time,,, the doctor recommended 6+ more weeks in the boot to see if it heals. I would gladly do this if it works, but also don't want to wast another couple of months only to find out I need surgery anyways. Has anyone experienced this or have any thoughts on it? Thanks so much!!

Closed Thread