It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
(male)

smm914 HB User
Tiny Plantar Wart. Should I go to the doctor?

Hi, everyone. I'm posting, because I had a long 3 year history with an awful plantar wart that was an absolute nightmare to get rid of. It took every treatment in the book before it finally, almost inexplicably, was defeated by a cold laser.

Well, it's been about a year since and now I have discovered a tiny plantar wart on the other foot, near the ball. It's not much bigger than the grains of salt you find at the bottom of a bag of pretzels. I'm thinking I just want to go to the same doctor and have him treat it right away, before it gets bigger and becomes an actual problem. What do you guys think? Is it too soon to see a doctor for it? I don't really want to try the home remedies that take weeks of treatment for a possible result...

Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Tiny Plantar Wart. Should I go to the doctor?

It's up to you whether you want to try home treatments or have a doctor freeze it off right now. A doctor certainly won't think badly of you if you want to just get it removed now.

I had a plantar's wart once on the ball of my foot and chose to go the home treatment route and it did work, but it took over 3 months to go away. I used fingernail clippers to dig out the roots, salicylic acid every morning after a shower, and covered it with duct tape.

If I were in your shoes and had such a tough time getting rid of a previous plantar's wart, I would run, not walk, back to the doctor to get it zapped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread