It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User
Re: Toe Pain/Popping After Surgery

That's awesome about coaching and spending time with the National and Olympic teams! Cool! Like you, I had to give up playing flag/back yard football and basketball. Doctor said just not good for my ankle especially since I have a history of blowing out my repairs!!

I'm sorry about your back! Ugh! Yep, good thing you still have pain meds! Love the pink (which is why mine was pink and purple, but my doc only had fluorescent pink and not hot pink so that's why I used it as an accent color. Fluorescent would've been to much for me for 3 weeks)!! Yes put rhinestones on it! There used to be another girl on here that painted her casts and put rhinestones on them!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:24 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I guess you could say my cast is fluorescent pink. Its more bright than anything. I like gawdy colors though! lol It has a couple of windows cut in it so i can continue my ultrasound treatments. I have the little squares taped in with fluorescent pink duct tape. hahaha

Stinks you had to give up your sports too. I really miss playing. This past summer the USA team had their try outs for the national team here in town so we got a chance to talk with the girls and my boyfriends daughter got her picture taken with them. She was so excited. I am passing on my love for softball to her. This was her first year playing and she is a natural. I was so proud of her!

Well, I am dog tired and have to be up in three hours for an orientation mtg for my unemployment. I would so much rather be working. I have a job interview on Thursday for an office job. Hope they take gimps! haha

Take it easy!

~Kimberly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB UserHollywood48 HB User

Well giving up backyard football and basketball isn't quite the same as your softball! LOL! Good luck with the job interview! I SO hope you get it!!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

LadyK,

You sure have quite the story about your fusion breaking! You must be really frustrated not just at that, but that it led to you losing your job. Life sure isn't fair at times.

I wish you the best on your job interview! Some employers look past a physical ailment, and I hope this one will for you. It sure would help you to get medical insurance again.

The following user gives a hug of support to twohands:
LadyKanner (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

Thanks Hollywood! I appreciate ur words of encouragement

Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks two hands! I need the luck!

Closed Thread