It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
Hot toes

Is it normal for my toes to feel hot? I'm in a cast.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
(female)

AdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB UserAdkLizard46 HB User
Re: Hot toes

Is your foot elevated? Mine sort of feel warm if the foot has been down. I also had a lot of burning on and off after my surgery. It was on top of my foot and lasted anywhere from 5 mins-45 mins.

Try elevating it a lot, like super high and see if that helps. It could just be some of the nerves waking back up, from your surgery time to now it's about the same time frame when my burning started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdkLizard46 View Post
Is your foot elevated? Mine sort of feel warm if the foot has been down. I also had a lot of burning on and off after my surgery. It was on top of my foot and lasted anywhere from 5 mins-45 mins.

Try elevating it a lot, like super high and see if that helps. It could just be some of the nerves waking back up, from your surgery time to now it's about the same time frame when my burning started.
Yeah even when elevated. Still a little numb too n it stings if they get touched. I wanna put my toes in ice! Lol

Old 09-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I had the same issue! Felt like someone was lighting them on fire. I put ice packs on my toes and the top of my foot. Ice can still help even when in a cast. Just be sure that it is sealed so your cast doesn't get wet. I kept ice on my cast all the time. It isn't as good as having it against your skin but it does cool things down.

Closed Thread