It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #16
(female)

Hachee HB UserHachee HB UserHachee HB User
Re: The Accessory Navicular strikes back.

I'm from west michigan... I'm not sure if there is an actual University Hospital, but MSU has facilities here. I've found the names of a few reputable orthos, so onto the next step...hopefully I can have this all taken care of this year... maybe eh? I'd really like to finally start to try to get back in shape next spring!
Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
(female)

So then.. surgery is scheduled for January 17th... Kidner and, more than likely, Achilles lengthening..... I'm really hoping there isn't something super important I forgot about happening January thru March!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
(female)

erin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB Usererin4 HB User

Hachee- I have that extra bone as well on both of my feet. So I totally understand what your going through. I am finally getting it taken care of on November 9th next Friday. They are doing the Kinder, and Achilles lengthening and some others i forget. I'm ready like you are to get it done and over with. They are doing my Left foot first b/c I messed that one up pretty good.
Good luck on your surgery and i'll be thinking about you.
Off to get more things done around this house before i cannot do it any more.

The following user gives a hug of support to erin4:
WantingInfo (11-01-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 06:55 AM   #19
(female)

WantingInfo HB User

I can't yet tell you how my foot will finally end up. What I can tell you is I twisted my foot on vacation in August in WA. I had x-rays done at a hospital & they told me I had a fracture & I needed a walking boot. I then went to see a podiatrist to get the walking boot & he said almost like yours, I don't see a fracture, get some inserts & you'll be fine.
When I returned home I went to a podiatrist who told me I have an Accessory Navicular bone it has detached. I tried a walking boot for about 3 weeks & that did not work, so I opted for surgery. I wanted to my life back, I am very active, my Dr said it is a common procedure, but he usually does it in teens (I'm 42).
I had the surgery on Sept. 18th, today will be my 1st PT day. I can let you know how it goes for me. Prayers for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to WantingInfo For This Useful Post:
Hachee (11-09-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 AM   #20
(female)

WantingInfo HB User

Yes that is a great idea. I had my surgery on Sept. 18th & I set up life on the couch for a month. My bed is very tall, so that was not even an option. I had never been on crutches before & for me the biggest reality check was the fact you are limited with carrying stuff! I learned to get very creative & for the 1st time I was quite happy that my house is small. I am in horrible 1 legged shape.

The Following User Says Thank You to WantingInfo For This Useful Post:
ohitscourtney (01-07-2013)
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #21
(female)

So.. I'm trying not to chicken out. I still have over 2 months to go until surgery (Jan 17), and reading all of this is starting to freak me out. I am lucky that my husband and I work from home- at least I will have something to do and someone here with me... but it's all of these dumb little things like getting into our old claw foot bathtub and getting up to our second floor apartment. I know after it happens the first time it won't be a huge deal. I'm stressed out about it. And my husband will be a big help to me, but not as far as taking care of the daily household chores! Sigh. I'm trying to rationalize if its worth it, which I know is silly, after all its already been 20 years of pain and of having to quit all of things I loved (dancing especially!!!). I don't want to end up even more of a couch potato! In the meantime, I'm trying to get some upper body strength and a bit healthier in preparation....

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User

I'm right with you Hachee. My surgery is jan 16th
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
Hachee (11-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to LadyKanner For This Useful Post:
Hachee (11-16-2012)
Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
(female)

Well. It's the week of and I'm nervous as all get out.... I know I don't post here much, but I have a feeling that after this week, I'll be here a bit more often. Good luck to everyone undergoing surgery this week...! I hope it goes well for all.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:49 AM   #24
Veteran
(female)

Btrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB UserBtrfli1 HB User

Good luck Hachee! Almost 5 weeks post op and doing better each day. Look forward to hearing from you post op!

Old 01-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

LadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB UserLadyKanner HB User
I'm nervous right with you Hachee! I'm so sick to my stomach. Dreading this week like the plague
January 2013
Subtalar Arthrodesis Revision
Talonavicular Fusion Hardware Removal

December 2013
Screw Removal

The following user gives a hug of support to LadyKanner:
Hachee (01-17-2013)
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

Good luck and keep us posted. I had my extra bone taken out of my right foot almost two years ago(jan 2011) and well that healed up fine, I guess but I torn my PTT tendon when I had a scooter accident and needed a 2nd surgery..now I'm getting ready for my thrid which will be an FDL transfer.

When I had my bone removed and the PTT reattached, I was really sore after surgery but I feel now that my first surgery was easier to heal from than my 2nd. I was a hostess with my first surgery and I went back to work 3 months after surgery. I now work in retail and I took 4 months off for the last.

Keep busy till you have surgery, it helps. I took too much time off before the last two so this time I'm working right up till feb 28th(3rd surgery date) I like to go to stores and look around to blow a few hours plus I find some cool things. Keep busy and I hope time flys for you

Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #27
(female)

Sooo... its done. Stairs were a cinch scooting on my butt, all was fine until the swelling!!!!!!!! Omg. Wow. Taking Vicodin and naproxen and getting sporadic relief. Only supposed to take every 6hours? For real? I won't be getting any sleep tonight!
Husband has been awesome taking care of me
Hope everyone else is doing well and finds relief!

The following user gives a hug of support to Hachee:
angelee43 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #28
(female)

Troly59 HB UserTroly59 HB User

Hachee sending you and LadyKanner healing vibes, for your surgeries. I need a spreadsheet for all the ladies here and who's having what,when.

Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

ohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB Userohitscourtney HB User

Good luck with healing and I know I was in a lot of pain with my first surgery and was like "you sure I can't take something every 4 hours?" It will get better. Keep us posted on your healing

Old 01-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #30
(female)

as suspected, I think I was able to get 2 hours of sleep total. Woke up nauseated from taking painkillers all night on an empty stomach- and had a minor meltdown of being trapped in bed and unable to eat, take more painkillers and get more ice because my husband was soundly sleeping next to me. Called the dr. regarding the crazy amount of swelling and pain from all the pressure... loosed up some bandages, took more pain pills and I think I am on my way to a very long pain and pressure free nap....
Hows everyone else doing today? I hope all are well!

Closed Thread

Tags
accessory navicular, arch pain, pain